October 22, 2017, 05:00:25 PM

Author Topic: Great Christmas Eve hunt  (Read 1873 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Great Christmas Eve hunt
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »
Got a chance to chase the bunnies today before this "big" snow storm comes in tomorrow and what a day it was. We had 7 dogs down and 5 shooters which one was a 13 year old boy who had never been rabbit hunting before, his name is mudflap.:D We ended up running 10 rabbits in the grown up pasture, the first 3 went out of the pasture and the dogs circled them in between houses until they lost them for whatever reason. The next couple gave us good runs from the jump but ran straight to holes. Finally ole mudflap connected on one that tried to cut across the open to get to another thicket. Ran 2 more around a house, which I saw many times but no matter where I stood it always came between me and the house with no shot.

Moved to another pasture and ran the last 3. The dogs split in the first big thicket and mudflap got one and I got the other. Ran the third for close to a half hour before it buried itself under a monster brush pile in a freshly logged holler.

Had a great time getting the youngster out there. He has killed many deer, hogs and even bear but this was his first time chasing rabbits. I heard him ask his uncle if he could get a beagle when we were loading up after the hunt. Hopefully this is the start to a great new friendship with a young beagler and gutpiler!!!!

Mudflap and the rabbits.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Great Christmas Eve hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »
You fellas done good, Ned! I tell ya something else, Mudflap has all the makings of a real gutpiler!  O0 You give him the handle Mudflap, Ned?  O0 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »
No I didn't John. I reckon the guys in the bear hunting group did. ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 05:45:07 AM »
That's awsome!! I took my step son coon hunting his first time.... and well, let's just say the boy is going to be hanging out with his mother  ;D my uncle got a few beagles and were set to go sun. Were doing christmas with her parents sun so I hope we can get out early enough.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 06:49:22 AM »
That's awsome!! I took my step son coon hunting his first time.... and well, let's just say the boy is going to be hanging out with his mother  ;D my uncle got a few beagles and were set to go sun. Were doing christmas with her parents sun so I hope we can get out early enough.
Showed him really how to coon hunt, huh, Tech?  :wink:  O0 Well, that was good for the kid!
Did you get out early enough to hunt?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
I sure didn't get to go. My step dad and uncle left about 10:00am and we had to be at the inlaws at 12:00pm. Hopefully sooner than not I will gat to chase beagles O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:10:14 PM »
Way to go! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
Got gravy!!! Way to wac em!!! O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Facebook Comments