November 18, 2017, 05:00:29 AM

Author Topic: New bow hunter in Texas  (Read 1223 times)

Offline jonesj

New bow hunter in Texas
« on: January 01, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
I have just moved to Houston Texas for work relocation. I am a Colorado native so it is going to take some adjusting. I have only hunted with rifle and have decided since this is a new adventure in life to try out archery hunting. I am going to start out with hogs and move my way up from there.

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: New bow hunter in Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:10:17 AM »
Well welcome aboard there bud. Watch out for Bo and BC plus the local sheep herder nOn! :roll: ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:15:04 AM »
Hey jonesj, welcome to the Pile! I used to live in Baytown, great fishing.
I couldn't find any decent close hunting in the area. The Bush, north of Houston, has some public hunting but not safe because of some big city nitwits.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:16:43 PM »
Glad to have you around jonesj.  O0  Sounds like you're in for a culture shock to say the least with the move.  ;D  You should be able to find something down there to hunt.  I imagine that hogs should be pretty easy to get permission for.  Deer on the other hand will probably be a pain.  >:( 

In addition to the bow, you may want to consider using a pistol.  O0

We're just a bunch of good 'ol boy and girls on here.  It's like a big cyber hunting camp, but without the odors and bad cooking. :shock:  Just make sure that you don't use any of John's recipes.  :buck2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:45:04 AM »
 :knuppel2 ;D I heard that remark about my cooking! You get a double helping of camp stew next camp meet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »
Welcome!

you picked a good state to move to for your first time using a stick and string to hunt with. You'll find plenty of people there to show you the ropes. Like BC said you'll find hogs and javelina to put an arrow into, no problemo.

One of the things you'll find different from Colorado is that like in most of the south you pay to hunt. Not much in the way of public land, which can be good and bad. Bad thing is you'll pay more obviously. Good thing is your chances of connecting go up and your chances of connecting with a nice one go up even more.

I shoot a recurve myself these days after getting tired of all the fancy gizmos on the compounds. Whatever keeps you happy and gets you out is the main thing.

We like to have fun here and enjoy a good ribbing and we're on the adult side of most things so don't be too shocked by what you read or see.

There's a few pictures out there of 2nutz that some have found objectionable and said were perverted. We think perverted is way to strong an answer and we just call him a sexual deviant.

You don't have any goats do you? If you do, then don't tell him WHERE in Houston you live. We're still trying to get that restraining order quashed too.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
 :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »
Welcome!

Whatever keeps you happy and gets you out is the main thing.

/quote]Speaking of that, hows the cross dressing worken for ya Bo? :roll: :roll: :shock: ;D ;D
 And the goats are nOn's cup of tea remember I hunt John animal park. O0 Geez that space mountain ride has knocked you off kilter  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00:04 PM »
I have no choice.

Every flippin' day I have to wake up and feed that &^%$#@ chupacabra you sent me. He craps everywhere too!! :twisted: :roll: :-P
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
Well that dam porch monkey plott sent me keeps wipen his a$$ on the ol ladies fancy curtains!!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 08:12:04 AM »
Well that dam porch monkey plott sent me keeps wipen his a$$ on the ol ladies fancy curtains!!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2

At least she should be used to it with you there.  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments