October 24, 2017, 12:03:05 AM

Author Topic: Trout Recipe  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Trout Recipe
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
So i am not a fish eater, i love sushi and usually can handle deep fried fish, but for some reason i just haven't been able to eat other cooked fish i remember liking it as a kid, maybe i choked on some or something and have blocked it from memory... i am not sure.  Anyways that trip i took to EC on saturday i felt inspired to keep a couple and try them out, below is the recipe and they were fanfreakintastic!  even my kid ate it...  

I thought about smoking them, then decided that would require more time than i had available, i brined them anyways then baked them wrapped in foil.

Ingredients:

Trout
1 Tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon lowrys season salt
2 tablespoon salt
1 quart of water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 lemon
salt and pepper
tin foil

Mix water, season salt, salt, rosemary and brown sugar in a shallow flat bowl, add fish...  I left this in the fridge covered for about 24 hours.

cut the lemon and butter into thin slices place lemon and butter slices into the cavity of the fish and on top, season liberally with salt and pepper.

encase in tin foil tightly place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min, the two fish i cooked were about 3 inches different in length and the smaller one was a little over cooked, the bigger one probably could have used another 5-10 min.

Debone and enjoy, my five year old loved this with some tater tots.

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Trout Recipe
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
That DOES look good! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »
Looks good!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Looks right tasty.  O0

Now let's see you do that with carp.  :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
Now let's see you do that with carp.  :wink:

sorry to offend old John, but the only thing carp is good for is coyote bait...  or sellin it to the asians or mexicans, they enjoy it.  I tried some smoked carp once...  Almost heaved my guts out!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
I tried some smoked carp once...  Almost heaved my guts out!

That seems to be the general consensus.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
I've met some guys who claim if you cut out the mud vein of a carp prior to cleaning and cooking, soak fillets in butter milk overnight that it makes a big difference.

Sorry, I'll pass on that one.

Eatting a giant goldfish has never been one of the things on my to do list. :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :buck2 :buck2

I admit they put up a hell of a fight on light tackle and they're fun to shoot with your bow IF you can hit them. I'm not that good and prefer dynamite to stick and string!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »
Eatting a giant goldfish has never been one of the things on my to do list. :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 :buck2 :buck2

I admit they put up a hell of a fight on light tackle and they're fun to shoot with your bow IF you can hit them. I'm not that good and prefer dynamite to stick and string!

Amen to that...  i plan to pick up the bow fishing thing this summer, my uncle and cousins do it, they have a good time!   

Boy, i remember the old days in washington when a fish wasn't wanted uncle sam put a bounty on it and it didn't take long to get rid of it...  We use to boat squawfish all day long and take them in for $1.30 a piece, fun day of fishin and a good paycheck to cover the beer for dad and gas money to the lake...  someone needs to do this with carp.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:00:57 PM »
McDonalds is already doing that. A good portion of the carp being extracted from Utah Lake is sold to McDonalds for partial use in the fillet-o-fish sammich. Read an article on it a couple years back. I haven't eaten a McDee's fishy sammich since. :roll:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments