December 17, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

Author Topic: MLK 2011 hunt  (Read 1635 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
MLK 2011 hunt
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
Just me and MissStrutter today and even though the snow is still on the ground pretty bad we had to get out of the house. I had tried to hunt Sat. but the snow was still too deep and the dogs really struggled. But Between Sat. afternoon and Sunday the sun came out and the temps warmed up and alot of the snow is gone or only a couple inches thick now. We ran 8-9 rabbits today, and if MissStrutter would pull the trigger like she does deer hunting she would have had her limit. Since the dogs were moving things slower today because of the snow the bunnies were slipping and hopping instead of running wide open. She was just not quick enough. She still had a blast and got to see some great dog work. I did manage one kill with ONE SHOT BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also found out that my new 2 yr. old dog will retrieve, she brought me my rabbit from over 50 yards.  Ended up having a way better day than I expected and I am very pleased with my hounds. Can't wait for this snow to get gone so things can get back to normal in the bunny woods!!!!

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline 2Nutz

Re: MLK 2011 hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
Any time out in the woods is better than worken! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
Congrats.!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I had to work today. Big surprise huh? We had the big parade with all the idiots acting like.....Well, idiots. Only a few arrests though. Still protesting Bush too.

The usual.

Hey whitey, I'm going to kill you.

OK bring it.

You can't talk to me like that it's MLK's B-day and you have to let me treat all white guys like shi* because that's the world we live in today. We're on top. You're on the bottom.

Sorry. Mr Oppressed minority, but I'm only going to give you Jack and squat. Oh! and  jack left town.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:23:35 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Sounds like y'all had a great time, Ned! And a beagle that fetches the rabbits!
Bo, looks like you had pretty much a normal day at work.  :roll: :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
It was quiet here, lousy weather for anyone to be out. Last night was really bad, terrible road conditions, raining, snowing, windy, cold, nasty! My night was a lot quieter than your shift, bo!
I went hunting Saturday. No shooting but lots of hunting in very cold wind, snow, and didn't spot anything. I gave it up at noon. I was hunting where the cougers are running but nothing was moving in that weather.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »
I did manage one kill with ONE SHOT BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, stranger things have happened.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  O0

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »
Hey, stranger things have happened.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  O0

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Uncle Bucky

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »
Awesome day, any day out in the woods with my beagle is a great day

My beagle, Lucky , retreives rabbits for me too,  very glad sometimes when they are in the thick stuff

Great post

Facebook Comments