December 13, 2017, 10:06:55 AM

Author Topic: Well it finally happened  (Read 320 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Well it finally happened
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
I wimped out...

My boy and I went out calling this morning before daylight. We're up by Chester and it's -10 with a North east wind at about 10mph. We walked out like 300 yards for the first set. The walking sucked very crusty snow a foot deep. We sat there for around 40 minuets,the boys feet got cold. the nest set was about 15 miles farther toward Canada and only consisted of about  100 yards of wadding through drifted crusty 12" snow but took over 20 minuets to cover. We sat down and about 15min in to the set "I" had to call it quites,frozen to the bone!!! We packed'er up and came home. The only coyotes we saw where along the Buck bridge road on privet land running mock 3 at 500 yards, we saw three like that and never thought of stopping for them...

DARNED COLD!!!!! >:(

Spring can't come fast enough!!! ;D

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Well it finally happened
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »
Man, you're freaking nuts to get out there in the first place!  :idiot2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
Dam yotes need to have been waiten for you at the truck huh.. ;D ;D I find that the older my wife gets the colder I get! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
Dam yotes need to have been waiten for you at the truck huh.. ;D ;D I find that the older my wife gets the colder I get! ;D ;D ;D ;D
 ;D No kidding, it must be a fact with wives!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments