October 17, 2017, 11:02:49 AM

Author Topic: Me and Ellwood finally got together  (Read 1568 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Me and Ellwood finally got together
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
And the rabbits paid the price!!! :twisted: :twisted:  Hunted today with me dad who was up visiting and we hit a spot that is good for rabbits year in and year out. We jumped 8 and killed 7, me 4 and Ellwood 3. Dad never fired a shot but has a blast watching me and Ellwood. The stars must have aligned right last night cause all my kills were one shot kills!!!!!! :shock: Must be the killer instinct of my old Ithaca 20 ga. double barrel. Anyway it was a great day to have dad along before he heads home tomorrow. Now if D would quit sending his snow down here I will be after them again Friday.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Me and Ellwood finally got together
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
Way to go! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Uncle Bucky

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:25:17 AM »
Awesome

I've been trying to get out myself with a good friend but the weather just hasn't cooperated.

Glad to hear you had a great day !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:37:24 AM »
Congrats on the bunnies, both Ellwood & Ned.  O0

You guys going to get snow out of this batch that's hitting us tonight?  Most of the stuff is hitting south & central KY, so it'll probably get ya.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
BC, ours is supposed to be coming out of the gulf. They say now it is supposed to start out as rain but change to snow sometime tonight into tomorrow. The also keep saying heavy accumulation but htey will not say how much.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »
HUSH! HUSH!! NO SNOW!! LET'S ALL JOIN HANDS AND SAY.....

NO SNOW!!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »
We got some more last night, and of course they cancelled school today.  >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
We got some more last night, and of course they cancelled school today.  >:(
  :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff You sure have the luck, BC!

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Hey, I'm sure glad you fellas made it out and got some killing! Nice work, Ned!

My squaw is back in the hospital, had to call the ambulance yesterday.  :sad: She's doing pretty good, probably be out in a day or two. Weather is supposed to be a lot warmer Friday and Saturday and the squirrels should be running. I hope wife is up and running by then. Her ticker has been acting up again.

:'( Our squirrel season ends January 31 and rabbit season runs through Feb.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
None here tonight but the dadblame wind is blowing so the chill factor makes it feel like -50 below! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Facebook Comments