November 19, 2017, 07:32:09 AM

Author Topic: Harsh gun control will seem like war on drugs  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Harsh gun control will seem like war on drugs
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
This article kind of surprised me, considering that it was in Bloomberg News.  :roll:

Harsh gun control will seem like war on drugs

Some want bans on the extended capacity ammunition clips that allowed Loughner to fire more than 30 shots from his Glock semi automatic pistol without reloading. Others want improved background screening to prevent mentally unstable individuals from purchasing guns. Would these or other laws prevent incidents like the Arizona shooting? Probably not. And such laws, along with existing gun controls, not only harm responsible gun owners but may even increase violence.

Read About It: Bloomberg News

Posted: 1/14/2011 9:47:13 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

Re: Harsh gun control will seem like war on drugs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
I know I'm going to get heat for this!
I'm still trying to figure out in what sort of a situation a civilian would need a handgun with a magazine of such capacity.* I think that if 8 or 9 in a semi auto or 6 in a revolver won't do it for you, you are in a very wrong place or doing something you should have had brains enough not to do it.

OK, I'm in my asbestos suit and heading for cover. :D

* If you are a Rancher on the Mex Border I'll reconsider your Need. Actually I vote for a belt fed full Auto in that case.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out in what sort of a situation a civilian would need a handgun with a magazine of such capacity.* I think that if 8 or 9 in a semi auto or 6 in a revolver won't do it for you, you are in a very wrong place or doing something you should have had brains enough not to do it.

* If you are a Rancher on the Mex Border I'll reconsider your Need. Actually I vote for a belt fed full Auto in that case.
Some shootouts, you could get by with just a few shots. Some, not, even though you do everything right. I have been in some shootouts and can tell you, if you have to burn time to changeout clips, it could cost you the ballgame in some instances.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »

It's like this my friend.....

You can never be too rich, too muscular, too handsome, too horny or... have too much in the ways of delivering death unto someone who is trying to kill you.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »
John:
You aren't exactly in the civilian category if I got that right. :wink:

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »
very true, i feel the same way, as a civ. do you really have a need for it? no, but do you have the right to want one sure do.. and i would rather have one when the zombie hordes come calling instead of saying ge wait till i reload.. there is also the "oh crap" factor of if needed i want the biggest ugliest thing on my side than thiers, cause ya wheel it out they say oh crap....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »
Yeah I have a need for it...every damn time I go to the range and don't want to spend more time reloading than shooting.

I don't think punishing the vast majority of honest law-abiding citizens, in an attempt to thwart a minuscule portion of mentally unstable lunatics, is ever a good idea.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
John:
You aren't exactly in the civilian category if I got that right. :wink:
  :wink: Yes and no, according to the Army. I have a civilian job with "various" enforcement responsibilities and am issued normal military weapons.
As we all know, it's necessary and comforting to have plenty of firepower when you need it.   :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »
I'd much rather have "extra" ammo left than need some more.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:07:03 AM »
For me, it's more about wheither the gov't has the right to tell me I can't have it. They do too much telling me what's good for me.
 I equate it to full-auto bans. Why ? ( they are not actually banned, you just have to pay a one time tax ((per weapon)) and pass a background check) Not a single crime has been committed in this country with a legally owned full auto firearm since registration started. Nobody is gonna take one to the range to blow off twenty rounds or even hunt with it. 2000 rounds maybe. If someone can afford a full auto, The $200 or so tax, and wants to spend a couple hundred in ammo everytime they go to the range with it, who am I to tell them NO.
 So what if a hi-cap mag ends up in a thugs hands. That firearm gets a hole lot harder to conceal. With practice a lower cap mag can be changed out in the blink of an eye, so they could just carry more mags. The point is banning them only buys a false sense of security for the uneducated masses and empowers an already too intrusive gov't.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments