October 20, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

Author Topic: my beagle Lucky, finally fulfills his name :)  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Uncle Bucky

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
my beagle Lucky, finally fulfills his name :)
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
Well Lucky Boy finally did it, he got lucky LOL not trying to be rude

Lucky finally got to bred a female.

Lucky is a slow and steady rabbit dog, he even retrieves the downed rabbit for you and brings it right to you. He has had a couple opportunities in the past to bred with other females but his luck hasn't been so good.

The first gal started to come into heat and got out of her pen and got hit on the road.

The next female a year later was due to come in and she had complications and had to be fixed.

So when this opportunity arose several weeks ago I didnít' hold my breath.

However all went well, after the female stopped trying to bite Lucky Boy and with some coaxing and guidance Lucky finally may become a daddy

here is a picture of the two love birds, Lucky is on the right

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: my beagle Lucky, finally fulfills his name :)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »
Congrats, hopefully she takes and is holding now! 

Funny the way you are holding them dogs together, i grew up with a big breeding Lab, and a couple of large wire hairs...  there was not nice introductions with those boys!  if you had your hand on thier collar you were gonna get bred too, if the bitch was in heat.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Try breeding game bred pitbulls  ;D most of the time males are ready to rock but them females are out for blood :twisted:

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »
I watched abs knee get bred by tiggy while the bitchs horrified owners looked on. I didn't see the problem we only had 1 guy holdin her front end ab tryin to hold the back end and I tried to keep her from eatin all of us  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:46 AM »
I watched abs knee get bred by tiggy while the bitchs horrified owners looked on. I didn't see the problem we only had 1 guy holdin her front end ab tryin to hold the back end and I tried to keep her from eatin all of us  ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D No pups but AB got his leg bred.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments