December 11, 2017, 09:32:30 PM

Author Topic: New to New Hampshire and looking forward to hunting.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Irishshooter

New to New Hampshire and looking forward to hunting.
« on: January 12, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »
Hello All:
Myself and family are new to New Hampshire.  I'm looking forward to learning all I can about hunting deer and squirrel before I get out in the field and attempt to bring home dinner.  
I'm looking for advice or websites concerning field dressing deer.  I've bought a video from Cabela's, and have asked hunters (in a hunter safety course I just completed) their advice.  The most common answer is, "You've got to get out there and just do it."
I enjoy the Gut Pile site and look forward to visiting often.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 10:51:12 PM »
I wish you the best of luck in the field,and welcome to the site! :D
Check out the squirrel hunting section on the forum for squirrel hunting tips and stories.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 08:26:21 PM »
Welcome Irishshooter!  Most people start out hunting small game to kinda' learn with.  If you mess up on small game, no big deal.  But the great thing with small game hunting is that it teaches your the principles that you'll need for larger game.  Glad to have you around!  Just check out the posts running around on the site.  I'm sure you'll learn quite a bit............or at least I know I have! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

Re: New to New Hampshire and looking forward to hunting.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:25:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum!LOTS of good info here.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: New to New Hampshire and looking forward to hunting.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 03:32:48 PM »
Welcome IrishShooter!!!!   Hope you like the new digs!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments