November 18, 2017, 06:33:17 PM

Author Topic: 22/250 new load need testing yet  (Read 972 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
22/250 new load need testing yet
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
I've been using a 36gr grenades and liking the accuracy out of the T/C but I don't think there right for my coyote shooting. I have them Smoking at around 4300 fps, they seam to be braking up on contact and not when there in side the animal. I have hit several knocking them down only to have them spring back up and run as fast as a normal coyote. I'm sure there hit very hard and will die but I have tracked some of them over a mile and still no fur...When they do go in they have been devastating, but most have exited the coyote and left a huge hole or many holes. I'm going to try a 50 gr V-Max with 33.5 gr 8208/CCI 200 primer. It shouldn't be as fast and I hope the bullet will preform differently. I need to get it in to a coyote soon, they group all touching at 100 yards.The wind should not bother them as much either, I hope.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: 22/250 new load need testing yet
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »
i messed with the grenades in the 243 a little and found them to be ok, but i was running into the same thing with g-hogs, i think if you slowed them a bit they tend to stay together a bit better, but i changed up went to the v-max and they just are ugly on hogs!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rdsii64

• Rookie Club Member
    • shooter64
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:17 AM »
I've been using a 36gr grenades and liking the accuracy out of the T/C but I don't think there right for my coyote shooting. I have them Smoking at around 4300 fps, they seam to be braking up on contact and not when there in side the animal. I have hit several knocking them down only to have them spring back up and run as fast as a normal coyote. I'm sure there hit very hard and will die but I have tracked some of them over a mile and still no fur...When they do go in they have been devastating, but most have exited the coyote and left a huge hole or many holes. I'm going to try a 50 gr V-Max with 33.5 gr 8208/CCI 200 primer. It shouldn't be as fast and I hope the bullet will preform differently. I need to get it in to a coyote soon, they group all touching at 100 yards.The wind should not bother them as much either, I hope.

I promise you, a 50 grain vmax at 22-250 velocities is a coyotes worst nightmare.
thats a kind of hell words cannot describe. don't be surprised if you turn one ones insides to liquid mush.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am a right wing, God Fearing, gun owning, Heterosexual male.
How else may I piss you off today
http://www.youtube.com/user/rdsii64

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64/Welcome.html

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 08:06:09 AM »
Yeah on the VMax. 'Yotes are too big for the Grenades.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments