November 20, 2017, 06:47:44 AM

Author Topic: Trout Opener....  (Read 1083 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Trout Opener....
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
March 23rd was the trout and turkey opener. Problem was, that depending on where you were, you had, hail, sleet, thunderstorms, flooding, tornadoes and forrest fires. Yesterday though was a pretty good day. Stayed close to home and fished in my belly boat in the river.

Water was really clear so I went down from 6lb test to 4lb test on my 32 year old Zebco Cardinal 3 ultralight spinning reel. Threw #0 and #1 Mepps and Rooster Tails and 1/16 oz. Little Cleo's. Caught 9 rainbows between 6" and 10" and 2 brownies that were both about 10".

It was catch and release where I went, but that was cool, all I wanted to do was catch them, not clean them. I brought my fly rod and reel but left it in the truck, because I didn't want the kids who were there to be subjected to my usual cussing when I fly fish.

Still had a great time. I might head down to my deer club this weekend and just scout around to see if the turkeys are out. I'll look for the feathered kind too. :twisted: :roll:

There's a real good public fishing area not far away that I may go back to. I have to be careful though. The last time I fished this public fishing area, I was tearing the bass up. Then I looked up and saw the sign that said I was fishing in a lake reserved for kids 12 and under. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: Trout Opener....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
The last time I fished this public fishing area, I was tearing the bass up. Then I looked up and saw the sign that said I was fishing in a lake reserved for kids 12 and under. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We took the boy to a pond and did about the same thing... SLAYED the catfish. 1 right after another. Only to find out youth and handicapped were the only ones allowed to fish  ;D Thank goodness I run into DNR often... the wife and I got out with only a wrning  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Trout Opener....
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »
"12 and under" signs are sometimes hard to see.  ;D ;D ;D

O0 :) At least y'all had a good time and caught some fish.

Good luck with the birds, bo!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments