December 14, 2017, 03:22:04 AM

Author Topic: coors and fried turtle!  (Read 4992 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
coors and fried turtle!
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
Caught the first turtle of 2011. She was a fiesty one too :twisted: I saved the heart,liver and eggs along with the meat. A 12g with super mags helped with head control  ;D we set more limb lines so maybe tmrw we will tear'em up O0

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: coors and fried turtle!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:37:53 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Looking good, Tech!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
ok so now what do ya do with it tech?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
We ate some of the eggs this morning and the rest is getting fried tmrw night O0 the shell will get dried and cleaned. I'm makking a mobile for the baby girl with the bottom plate :twisted:

We caught 2 more turtles tonight. Another average and a real dandy!

And the average turtle.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:14:58 AM »
You get those out of a pond or ditch, Tech?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
The first turtle was a pond turtle and the last 2 are lake turtle.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 07:42:04 AM »
I don't mess with turtles much anymore, used to trap and catch a lot of them. I did pick up one nice one crossing the road recently.

Those are sure nice turtles, Tech. 10/4 on the mobile!  O0

You fry your turtle, Tech? That's the way we always eat ours. Most folks pressure cook the meat before frying.

Your knife works OK for cleaning turtles, I hope.

We drive a nail through their heads after bashing their heads and then nail them up hanging by their heads until they quit kicking. They can kick the knife into you. It usually takes a few hours for their hearts to quit and for them to quit kicking, as you know.

I was also going to add, it's just like scalping a PETA idiot. They just keep kicking, but I didn't want to offend any PETA nitwit twit that may be reading this posting.  :roll: ;D

I have a good turtle net to give to any member that wants to swing by here and pick it up. I had a couple of others I loaned out that never got returned. No problem, since I no longer trap them.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:40 AM »
John the knife works GREAT for turtles also O0 I have been hitting the water and timber with a couple of young fellers, fresh out of high school. One of them helped me clean turtles and sliced his finger pretty good. I wish I would have taken pics. I sewed his finger up with dog stitching supplies. I didn't do too bad either. After I got him all fixed up the wife decides to show him how every knife in the house is that sharp. I told the little feller that a dull knife is about like an empty rifle n the woods... USELESS!

I boil turtle for a few hours and pull meat from the bone before I fry it. I like to toss in alot of seasoning with the boiling water. To me it makes a better finished product. We have been frog gigging a good bit and I think them little fellers are catching on to an old mans tricks  ;D

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 08:31:50 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 You done good, Tech! And you are right about sharp knives, too.
Fried froglegs are hard to beat.  O0

Facebook Comments