November 24, 2017, 01:34:29 PM

Author Topic: My new toy  (Read 1015 times)

Offline rdsii64

• Rookie Club Member
    • shooter64
My new toy
« on: June 10, 2011, 03:43:08 AM »
Its been  while since I have had the time to get on the boards. That thing called work can keep you running pretty steady. I did however find time to build myself a new ballistic recreation device commonly known in most circles as an AR15. It consists of a C3 defense lower, a Rock River Arms upper assembly and a 4-16x50mm optic. This thing is a shooter for sure. It will literally put a ten shot group into a hole smaller than an inch from the 100 yard bench. The critters in my neck of the woods better be very afraid.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am a right wing, God Fearing, gun owning, Heterosexual male.
How else may I piss you off today
http://www.youtube.com/user/rdsii64

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64/Welcome.html

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: My new toy
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »
They better be VERY AFRAID, rd!  :twisted: O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
Swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!  I've been itchin' for one for quite some time.  *Droooool*   :)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline rdsii64

• Rookie Club Member
    • shooter64
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »
Swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!  I've been itchin' for one for quite some time.  *Droooool*   :)
The best part is that minus the optic I have just under $1000.00 in it.
The lower receiver only cost me 99.99. My local gunshop had them on sale. The DPMS parts kit was only 50.00.  The upper assembly was $650.00 plus tax and shipping including bolt and bolt carrier. The standard A2 buttstock was only 65.00 plus shipping.

If you shop around you can get some really good deals. My only regret is that the DPMS parts kit uses a standard combat trigger. I'm going to swap it out for a Timney soon.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am a right wing, God Fearing, gun owning, Heterosexual male.
How else may I piss you off today
http://www.youtube.com/user/rdsii64

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64/Welcome.html

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
 O0 Would be a good swapout, the trigger, rd. I shoot the standard M16, regular military issue. Yes, the triggers aren't all that bad, but our 16s would certainly be better with a GOOD trigger.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »
See... now ya'll are just spoiled!   :roll:    Just send it to me....I'll put up with that crappy trigger and be happy about it!!!   ;D

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments