November 23, 2017, 02:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Cartridge enough?  (Read 2997 times)

BBF

Cartridge enough?
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »
I got a hunting preserve not far across the Border from me. The guy offers a reasonable priced meat hunt for Hinds. I don't do trophy hunts mainly because I don't have the room for horns, antlers, heads or hides and the big $$ that you need to spent.Nor am I in the age and condition to waltz in traditional Elk territory.

Before you all get twisted BVD's, this is not a place where the game is tame or tied up to a tree.

I got three rifles that need to be "blooded".  ^-^
One of them is a 6.5x55. The only bullet I would consider and have on hand is the 160 gr Hdy RN. Hinds will be around 250-300 lb. on the hoof.

OK Guys, have at it. :)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Cartridge enough?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
I know this is a late response, but I'm guessing these hinds are red deer? The 6.5 inside 200 yards should be plenty. What are the other two rifles you're considering?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »
Geeez, I'm getting senile and didn't see the above post 'til now.

I took a 30-06 as a backup and a 45-70 Govt single shot as the main rifle.

That 45-70 brought home the venison although that 300 gr Rem HP did more damage that I liked even downloaded to about 1600 fps.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »
Tough choices, BBF! All those guns! I would just settle for the '06 or the 6.5.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
I needed to take that 45-70 because I got tired of all the whining& complaining  coming out of the gun safe that this rifle put out because it hadn't killed anything. :D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »
Well, it looks like the .45/70 gets the vote.  :wink: O0 A fella would get tired of hearing all that whining!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »
Hmm. do they make a wife Safe? :-\

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »
Hmm. do they make a wife Safe? :-\
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Woe to the soul that would have to let her out! You would need a whip and a chair like a circus lion trainer uses!  :shock: ;D She would come out of the safe like a razzed up grizzly!

BBF

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 09:41:50 AM »
You're right, it was just a thought :sad:

Offline FrankA

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
Reminds me of a joke.
How do you tell who loves you more , wife or dog?

Throw them both in the trunk of a car (or safe ) for an while then let them out and see who's happiest to see you!

I have a safe for my wife but she keeps chewing her way out. ;D

Facebook Comments