November 17, 2017, 11:47:34 PM

Author Topic: trapping coons  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
trapping coons
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:37:18 PM »
i am up for suggestions on trapping coons. all i have caught is opposums and 1 mink. its been a terrible season. help me please.
 :(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

trapping coons
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 05:03:13 PM »
Wished I could help ya more..

but only thing I do is use a live trap, open a shiny tin of sardines to put inside, and I always have a coon. But, we're overrun in em...

looked for you some links though...

http://disalvo.20megsfree.com/coontp.html

http://www.kness.com/raccoonfacts.html#anchor1800529

Hopwfully, someone else here can help ya out more!  :D

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
trapping coons
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 10:42:04 PM »
I was thinking of getting into trapping but never did,sorry I cant help.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
trapping coons
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:59:41 AM »
What have you been using? If you want to catch coons,go get yourself a few 220 conibears,and/or some 1 1/2 coilsprings.I prefer the Duke line of traps.Their inexpensive,and work better than some of my more expensive traps like BMI's.If you dont know much about trapping,their is a good page with lots of info on it........but I forgot what its called.Ill go get it.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

trapping coons
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:56 PM »
here it is      http://buckshotscamp.com/Trapping-Hunting-Articles.htm    Take a good look at this site ifin you havent already.This is just one page,they also sell traps and survival gear and all kinds of stuff.Check it out,lots of good info.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

trapping coons
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:06:04 PM »
heres another great site   http://disalvo.20megsfree.com/

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
trapping coons
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 01:25:01 PM »
i have been using number 2 victors and some connis but no luck it could be because its so cold.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

trapping coons
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 04:26:44 PM »
What kind of sets have you been making?

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
trapping coons
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 09:03:05 PM »
blind sets and pocket sets

Offline DIXIEBANJO

trapping coons
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 09:25:07 AM »
You may want to try a simple baited bucket set with a conibear.Thatll get the hungry ones for sure.

Facebook Comments