October 22, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 20659 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
Well, if you had bought a Savage instead of that fencepost Marlin, you would have killed all those squirrels, BC!  :wink: ;D

You fellas are doing pretty good, considering the weather.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 06:46:57 PM »
The time has come! Unleash! MONGO!!!! :twisted: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »
The time has come! Unleash! MONGO!!!! >:D ;)

Too early just yet.  Need the squirrels on the ground.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »
I ran into a feller out on the lake hunting dogs. He said he is doing half decent but says when the squirrels hit the ground it will be outstanding!

I have been out a few times. it is crazy what working 2 jobs and having a wife, baby and step son will do  ;D

Here are a few pics...

Can we say pan fried and seasoned just right

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 NICE! And all head shots!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 06:07:45 AM »
A pal is meeting with me here this morning and we are going to chase the squackers.

NO PRISONERS!  :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:01:46 AM »
Good luck John.  O0

I'm going to try to get Mongo out tomorrow morning and see what all he can do.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 I hope you and Mongo do well, BC!

By 10:30 yesterday morning, we didn't even see or hear a trace of a squirrel, so we gave up and hunted our way back to my truck.  :sad:  It was a nice day, but no morning squirrels. We returned home at noon and my wife said no town squirrels were out, either.  ???

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
I didn't take the little dog out.  Had to go to a Halloween party last night, so it was after midnight before I got to bed.  I didn't really "hunt" this morning.  I had to go down to put out some more corn for the deer which is basically all I did.  I loaded the 4 wheeler with corn but took the rifle just in case I saw any deaf, dumb, and blind squirrels.  Got the corn put out and was riding back to the truck and saw one on a log.  >:D   One shot and he took a dirt nap.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 10:08:23 AM »
 :twisted: O0 Nice going, BC!

What scope do you have on your .17 ?

Facebook Comments