October 24, 2017, 12:08:53 AM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 20698 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
You need to move down here to KY John.  Our season runs until the end of February.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
Move down here John. Ours ends Feb 15, but it starts again the Saturday of Memorial Day week-end.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2016, 06:03:01 AM »
 O0 Yeah! It's time to move south!

My son John calls from Phoenix and tells me how nice their weather is, 70's and 80's. He is trying to talk my wife and me to move there. I am no stranger to there and it has always been tempting. Believe it or not, AZ has great squirrel hunting. Son John is also a licensed hunting guide.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2016, 06:55:06 AM »
 :'( Post season blues! No squirrel hunting in Iowa until about 9/1/16.

Last season was pretty good. My .17 WSM was really dropping them because of the extra range and wallop of the round.

It worked great for a big tomcat and coyote, too.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
We've got a spring season opening up May 21st down here John.  You may have to take some time off and come down and get covered in ticks and chiggers with the rest of us.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2016, 05:09:05 AM »
We've got a spring season opening up May 21st down here John.  You may have to take some time off and come down and get covered in ticks and chiggers with the rest of us.  ;D
  ;D Sure is tempting except for all those bloodsuckers!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »
I got 5 last Saturday, 3 fox squirrels and 2 grays, saw 8.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2016, 04:30:45 AM »
Have been killing a few on weekends, got 2 grays yesterday morning with my .17 WSM. With all the skeeters, leaves, and ground cover, it's been tough going.

Longest shot was about 125 yards, a gray that took the .17 WSM 20gr bullet in his head. I watched that bugger for about an hour until I got a shot. The other gray was also a head shot, pretty much a must with the round.

At least the chiggers and ticks are done for the year.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »
I haven't hunted in a long while. Been to broke to go.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2016, 03:56:37 AM »
I haven't hunted in a long while. Been to broke to go.
???????????????????

Facebook Comments