November 20, 2017, 06:41:09 AM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21320 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
What scope do you have on your .17 ?

One of the Simmons Aetec.  I think it's a 3.8-12 x 44.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »

One of the Simmons Aetec.  I think it's a 3.8-12 x 44.
  O0 Must work pretty good, considering your tally.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
Gotta try to get it out and kill some paper before I take it back to the woods.  I think it's just a hair off.  That last bunch of squirrels I got, I hit 3-4 of them in the neck, which isn't good because I lost some shoulders to the damage.  Gotta make sure it's set dead on.

It's supposed to rain every day this week, except for Thursday & Friday.  I'm going to try to take Mongo and the little green 10/22 out to the WMA that's here by the house.  We'll have to see how many bowhunters we can piss off by being out there squirrel hunting while they're trying to deer hunt.  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »
Gotta try to get it out and kill some paper before I take it back to the woods.  I think it's just a hair off.  That last bunch of squirrels I got, I hit 3-4 of them in the neck, which isn't good because I lost some shoulders to the damage.  Gotta make sure it's set dead on.

It's supposed to rain every day this week, except for Thursday & Friday.  I'm going to try to take Mongo and the little green 10/22 out to the WMA that's here by the house.  We'll have to see how many bowhunters we can piss off by being out there squirrel hunting while they're trying to deer hunt.  ;D
  O0 O0 O0 ;D Yeah!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
I feel the muse is upon me!

Over in the corner with a barrel so straight
I looked out the window and over the gate
The big fat rabbits are jumping in the grass
Wait'll they hear my old shotgun blast
Shotgun boogie. I done saw your tracks
Lookout mr rabbit when I cock my hammer back

Over in the woods is a scaly bark
Hickory nuts so big you can see 'em in the dark
Those big fat squirrels they scratch and they fight
I'll be on that ridge before daylight
Shotgun boogie. All I need is one shot
Lookout bushytail tonight you'll be in the pot

Well I met a pretty gal, she was tall and thin
I asked her what she had, she said a Fox .410
I looked her up and down and said boy this is love
So we headed through the woods to shoot a big fat dove
Shotgun boogie. Boy the feathers flew
Lookout mr dove when she draws a bead on you

I set down on a log and took her on my lap
She said wait a minute bub, you gotta' see my Pap
He's got a 16 gauge choked down like a rifle
He don't like a man who's going to trifle

Well I called on her pap like a gentleman oughta'
He said no brush hunters going to get my daughter
He cocked back the hammer right on the spot
When the gun went off, I outran the shot

Shotgun boogie
I wanted wedding bells
I'll be back little gal, when your pappy runs out of shells
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:40:38 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »
Don't worry Mo. I'll do a Warren Zevon later! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 01:56:51 AM »
No worries here. You certainly have an eclectic range of music.
 I admit I did have to look up the lyrics, they sounded familiar but I just couldn't place them. I was more than a little surprized by the artist, one of my favorites. Mom had several alblums(sp) (remember those?) by him, mostly spirituals and I listened to them all the time as a kid. Next time I head to Tennessee, I'll have to check the record cabinet.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Whoever wrote that song had to have known bo! ;D

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
I was maybe 6 years old and my mother got a batch of 45's. They were all different kinds of music and being that young, hunting and country music were not very high on my favorite things list.

But my mother was a pack rat and years later when I was in my teens and was hunting and while by no means a country music fan, I could tolerate some of it. Just be chance I found all those 45's one day and seeing as this was back in the dark ages when we had record players, I took them and played some on my stereo. Shotgun Boogie just happened to be one of them although this one was sung by Hank Thompson and not Ol' Tennessee Ernie!!

There was another 45 that I think was called Hound Dog Man, sung by Fabian and it talked about this guy going hunting everyday, and all he wants to be is a hound dog man. I might be looking at this too hard, but I kinda' got the impression that hound dog man was metaphor for hunting something other than game! :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:38:30 PM by bohicajuan »

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 08:55:45 AM »
You be the hounddog man, bo!

Facebook Comments