November 19, 2017, 04:21:32 PM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21312 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
A pal and I went out Friday afternoon, took our HMR rifles and proceeded into the cold NW wind. The temp dropped all afternoon, about another 15 degrees.  :sad:

I didn't even see a squirrel and my pal Doug saw one big fox squirrel, which he promply missed with two shots and watched the critter disappear.

I think my hunting pal is a jinx.  I haven't seen a squirrel while hunting with him this year. When I go by myself I do have some luck.  ??? :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Tuesday was the last day of our season, so I took the day off and went hunting. It wasn't a bad weather day, but the dang squirrels were not out and about.  :sad: The only squirrel I saw was a small gray rocket running through the brush that offered no shot while I was hunting my way back to the truck. I am still convinced it was better to be hunting, ranther than working that day.  :)

What's strange is, squirrels should be out in force because this is their breeding season.  ???
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 12:39:48 PM »
What's strange is, squirrels should be out in force because this is their breeding season.  ???

That sucks you didn't get anyhing to take home...  maybe they already finished thier business, or they are waiting for valentines day! ;)
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »
That sucks you didn't get anyhing to take home...  maybe they already finished thier business, or they are waiting for valentines day! ;)
  ;D Could be! A couple of days ago, they were out chasing each other. Squirrels here are fat and lazy because of a heavy mast year.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »
I do . Dog and gun  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »
I do . Dog and gun  ;D
  O0 Sure can't beat that combo, rifle! You and BC should have a grand season!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
Had a car theft ring here. It was 4 grey squirrels and a grey fox. The squirrels would gain access and turn off the alarm and the fox would jump in and drive it to a chop shop. They only hit high end cars. BMWs MBs, Audis and Porsches being the favorites.

If you see  some squirrels and a fox hanging out on some street corner acting suspicious. Call the police!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:44:28 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »
Had a car theft ring here. It was 4 grey squirrels and a grey fox. The squirrels would gain access and turn off the alarm and the fox would jump in and drive it to a chop shop. They only hit high end cars. BMWs MBs, Audis and Porsches being the favorites.

If you see  some squirrels and a fox hanging out on some street corner acting suspicious. Call the police!!
  :twisted: Instead of bothering you, can I just snipe them, bo?

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Kids like Ice Cream Cones...

True story!  :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »
 O0 Techno and BC have been killing squirrels!

:'( Our Iowa season isn't open until Sept 1.

O0  :twisted: At least SOMEONE is out there killing the dastardly bucktoothed varmints!

Facebook Comments