November 23, 2017, 02:37:23 AM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21382 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
 :twisted: Season opens tomorrow! Yes! Finally! Months of watching the squirrels eating my corn on my squirrel feeders and carrying on with their obscene gestures and heckling has finally come full circle.  :knuppel2

Their country cousins are going to pay for their transgressions!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:02 PM »
Our season opens Sept. first. I probably can't get out until the fifth or sixth. Got to much stuff going on.
Bill
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »
Good Luck to you both. My season has been open since Memorial Day week-end and I still haven't gone out. It's really not 3 jobs getting in the way. It's all these dang women folk making plans for every spare minute they think I have. :tickedoff I'll get out there eventually.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
Good Luck to you both. My season has been open since Memorial Day week-end and I still haven't gone out. It's really not 3 jobs getting in the way. It's all these dang women folk making plans for every spare minute they think I have. :tickedoff I'll get out there eventually.
  :shock: :sad: Bummer, MO! I planned on going today but wife is sick so I'm sticking close to home.  :sad:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »
I took my .17WSM for a hunt today and got my legal limit of 6.   :twisted: Rifle is pure deadly for squirrels!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
Its nice that you can use a centerfire for them their. Can't here.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2014, 08:50:23 PM »
The WSM is a rimfire. It's something like 27 caliber nail gun cartridge necked down to 17 caliber. A bit faster than the HMR with heavier bullets.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »
Oh yeah. Then you can use that here. Nevermind then lol.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2014, 11:01:29 PM »
Finally got out for a couple of hours this morning. Not many tree rats in the woods. I hit two of my favorite spots and only saw three. Very few hickory nuts, almost no walnuts. They have been cutting a few acorns, but it doesn't appear that the acorns are real abundant either.  We had a couple of late freezes last spring. I did manage to kill one small gray and evidently missed a nice Fox Squirrel. I tried for a head shot, he had a nut in his mouth and I must have hit the nut. At the shot he dropped like a pole axed steer. He fell about 20 feet and laid there about 20 seconds then ran like a scalded dog. Looks like I may have to buy a license this year and look for a better area than the farm.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 02:13:36 PM »
I've gotten to fire 1 shot at a squirrel this year and that's it, and it was about 15 feet straight above me coming down the side of the tree.  Needless to say, at that distance all I saw in the scope was a blob and I missed.

I've had a bunch of others in my scope, but it wasn't my shot.  The boy has been going through some intense training this year.  O0   He's shot quite a bit, and gotten a few.  Gotta figure out why he's missing so much though. :?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments