November 18, 2017, 08:43:39 AM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21257 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
My brother has been telling me about a new to me public hunting area a few miles from home so we gave it a try yesterday. The legal huning area was about a mile and a half or two miles walk from the parking area.  ???

We got a late start because I had to wait until he got up and around to go. When we finally got to the woods. the squirrels were going back into their dens.  :sad: I saw two grays running and one made the mistake of stopping when I gave it a mouth squeek.  :twisted:

You should see what a .17WSM 20gr VMAX does to a squirrel head!  :twisted: ;D

That gray made my 7th squirrel this year, 7 shots for 7 squirrels. Not bad for an old Indian my age, huh?  I sure do like my WSM rifle.  :twisted:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 09:04:28 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »
I went back out Sunday, was a very windy day. I saw very few but nailed 2 grays with my .17WM.

How about it? Anyone else shooting any?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2014, 09:06:43 AM »
Got back out  yesterday and popped a couple of more, two grays. The weather got hot pretty early and the squirrels and I called it quits.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »
Good going John  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:52 AM »
Thanks, MO! You been hunting?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2014, 09:52:43 PM »
Not yet, Dad and Pawpaw duties call. Family first.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »
Not yet, Dad and Pawpaw duties call. Family first.
  O0 Absolutely right! Squirrels can wait, aren't going anywhere.  :twisted:

The place I have been hunting used to to about 50/50 grays and fox squirrels. It seems now to be populated by 90% grays. Y'all know how much harder the grays are to hunt. I have killed 2 fox squirrels this year and the rest were grays.  ???

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
I've only been able to get out twice, got  a gray the first time and a fox the second time. 45 years ago when I started hunting the farm you very seldom saw a gray, now depending on the time of day you can see a bunch of grays and they aren't nearly as big as they were in 1969. They looked like cats when I first started hunting there. The nice thing about the fox squirrels is you don't need to get up before daylight cause they ain't coming out til between 8 and 9, so by the time I can get home from work it is just about time to start hunting.
Bill
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2014, 07:14:42 AM »
I'm headed out today with my .17WSM and plan on the demise of some tree rats. I require at least one day per week to hunt. We need at least one day per week to hunt to preserve our sanity.

I can easily spot people that don't hunt the minimum one day per week. They are confused and uptight. Some of them just ramble and drool.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »
I think I see my problem. Thanks for clearing that up.

Facebook Comments