November 20, 2017, 07:33:51 PM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21334 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
  O0 Yeah on that, bo!  There will be lots of great homemade cake and pie there with my coffee. Probably dinner, too. Someone will probably have to roll me into my truck when I leave.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 08:37:38 AM »
Am going to Granny's today to exterminate the rest of her dastardly gray squirrels. No early start, am still waiting for meds to kick in. Getting up every day with stoved ribs and Shingle pain is the pits.  >:(  Rash has been gone for some time but a lot of pain persists.

Weather is supposed to warm into the 40's by this afternoon and should bring out the varmints.  :knuppel2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
Slay em there John! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »
Slay em there John! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
  O0 Got er done, wiped out the rest her grays Sunday. I nailed two on the bluff and the smartybritches that lived in the big hole filled maple tree next to Granny's house where the feeder is.

My usual sitings were seeing the gray zip into a hole when I arrived. I tried waiting it out but the bugger was too smart. I left, went north from the other side of the house and killed another one about a half mile away and then injuned back with the house between me and the squirrel.

As I eased around the house with rifle ready, I spotted the critter's tail on a limb and waited for a shot. Finally, the squirrel moved just enough for a shot and his carcass smacked down on the seat of the park bench at foot of the tree.   :knuppel2 :buck2 :twisted:

That last one finally put an end to Granny's detested invading gray squirrels and now her adored fox squirrels can reclaim her yard, feeder, and electric heated water bowl. She is about 94 years old and recently, a widow.  :sad: She can't get around very good and about the only pleasure she has is adoring her fox squirrels romping in the yard. A gang of grays moved in and deposed her fox squirrels so her daughter and grandson asked me to remedy the situation. I have been hunting her entire property and was more that glad to solve her troubles.  :twisted:

I think a followup deployment next weekend will clear any invasive enemy trying to reclaim the territory.  :twisted:

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2015, 12:06:02 AM »
off with their heads !!  :twisted: :twisted:
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:19 AM »
Granny's daughter recently informed me 3 more grays are at the feeder. There must be a lot of squirrels seeking death by sniper. You would think the army of squirrels would wise up and consider all their scouts disappearing and nothing left but blood.

Granny's place sits on the Mississippi river bluff near the bottom. Her yard is actually a wooded squirrel highway. I think it is a constant traffic center for the squirrels and her having a big den tree with many holes in the yard, a heated water bowl, and always a full squirrel feeder, invites every squirrel in the county.

I have been using my Savage .17 WSM because of some extended range shots. It has performed great. The tall bluff is several hundred yards wide on occasion and has populated uncountable generations of squirrels.

Not far south of where I hunt is a posted portion of the bluff I used to hunt but now is leased by a big dollar pay to hunt outfit that allows only high paying deer hunters.  :tickedoff Since no squirrel hunters are allowed, it is a good breeding ground for squirrels and of course, many of them travel.  :twisted:

This is our last week of squirrel season.  :'(  I hope to hunt Friday and Saturday, the last two days.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day of season.  :'( I believed our local weather report  :uglystupid2 for today, heard it last night. Woke up late this morning to nice sunshine and not much wind. It's 10:07 AM and I decided to wait until tomorrow because of still really sore ribs.

I received news of 3 more grays at Granny's feeders so it is one more hunt tomorrow with my .17 WSM. I am out for blood because the invading enemy sneaks in and occupy the same cleared area.  :knuppel2

I don't just hunt the ones close to the house.  I hunt the entire bluff. I plan some good hides and at least some action.

The weather will warm soon and enough to get back to work in the shop and try to keep mind on work instead of squirrels for another 6 months until season opens. 

About every one of my shop machines will eat part of ones body. It's best to concentrate on the project at hand. The most dangerous machine in the shop will probably surprise you. It is the buffer.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »
Well, I made it out yesterday, was raining all day. I saw 3 grays and got 2 of them, and a big feral tomcat! YES! Finally, a CAT!  :twisted:  :knuppel2  :buck2

The well fed cat was hunting and poking around brushpiles. I spotted it while I sat on the river bluff at Granny's property. The cat was at the bottom of the bluff and didn't know what hit him. It was a .17 WSM 20gr VMAX bullet. It was about a half mile north of the house and shot distance of only about 100 yards.

I consider that area to be my hunting grounds and cats are enemy intruders. I think the cat is the reason the rabbits and probably a lot of squirrels disappeared. The place should have lots of quail and I have seen no quail there.

I showed the cat and squirrels to Granny and her daughter Jody, our secretary at work. They were happy, too. Granny had recently had her dozen cats live trapped and removed. She wanted to pay her grandson $5.00 per cat, shot on sight. Her other daughter is a tree hugger and threatened legal action of the cats were shot.  :uglystupid2  :crazy2

Granny's daughter recognized the one I shot, was probably the only one that avoided the live trap.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
Good job on the squirrels and cat John.  O0   I've been wanting to get out, but I've got mean cold kicking my butt right now.  :buck2

Our season runs until the end of February.  ;)   I need to get a few more this year.  I started to say "It's Sad", but it actually isn't.....  Mason has gotten more squirrels this year than I have. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »
Good job on the squirrels and cat John.  O0   I've been wanting to get out, but I've got mean cold kicking my butt right now.  :buck2

Our season runs until the end of February.  ;)   I need to get a few more this year.  I started to say "It's Sad", but it actually isn't.....  Mason has gotten more squirrels this year than I have. O0
A hot toddy with about 3 fingers of whiskey is in order, BC.  Am sorry to hear of your miserable cold. I hope you get well soon!

That is really something, Mason getting more squirrels than you. He is going to be a chip off the old block.  O0

I broke out some more with the Shingles yesterday. I thought I was getting over them.   :shock: :tickedoff  I took today off work and am going to see doc early tomorrow morning.

Facebook Comments