November 18, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

Author Topic: SQUIRREL HUNTERS  (Read 21276 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: SQUIRREL HUNTERS
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
Think about it.  If or when BC becomes a sheepherder, he already has a guard animal.    ;D

I am wondering about when BC rides his mule to town. Does he have to pack along a pooper scooper? 

And does his mule cheat at checkers and cards?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2015, 06:42:10 PM »
I happen to know for a fact that BC drives a Subaru. He drives it because Subaru gives money to PETA AND HSUS!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink: ;D ;D ;D ;D
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2015, 10:12:16 AM »
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D That bait should bring a come-back!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2015, 07:23:19 AM »
Have been killing some squirrels this season with my .17WSM, plus one coyote and one big feral cat. Has been rather slow as for numbers because we lost some squirrels due to West Nile.

I had an ammo problem a few weeks ago, got a batch of ammo that wouldn't go BANG.  >:( I was having misfires with the ammo and during one morning outing, had three misfires in a row, costing me the only two squirrels I saw that morning.  :tickedoff

Yes, the ammo maker got a piece of my mind.  :tickedoff :knuppel2

As for the rifle, it checks out just fine.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2015, 04:23:53 AM »
Am going to give it a go today.  :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2015, 05:44:38 AM »
I have been using my .17WSM this year for squirrl hunting. Have nailed one big tomcat, one coyote, three rabbits, and a good number of squirrels.

I shot the rabbits early this season and haven't seen any more. Varmints make short work of rabbits. I had to toss one rabbit because it had a white spotted liver, the sign of Rabbit Fever.  :shock: Always wear rubber gloves when cleaning rabbits.

Working a lot of overtime lately has certainly curtailed my hunting.  :sad: Shop work has slowed because of need of better heat in my shop.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: February 02, 2016, 10:00:54 AM »
We're still at it around here.  The boy and I went to a hunting/fishing show on Saturday and then went down to the farm later.  We didn't get to hunt Saturday, but got up Sunday morning and went.  We walked out and the wind was HOWLING!  :x   I knew we weren't going to see any squirrels, and if it were just me, I would have went back in the house and went back to sleep.  But, I knew that the boy was wanting to go, so we went on up to the woods.  Walked about 3/4 mile and didn't see/hear anything except the wind.

This weekend the weather is supposed to be better.  Hopefully we'll be able to get a few then.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2016, 06:29:06 AM »
I'm glad you are getting after them, BC! Has been a windy year and slowed the hunting for sure.

Our season is closed and I saw nothing the two last times out.  :sad:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:40 PM »
We got out Sunday morning.  Saw 2 just as we were about to leave the woods.  I got a shot at one, but missed.  :'(   Guess not getting to shoot anything has taken it's toll on my accuracy.

Doesn't look like we'll be going this weekend.  The highs are only supposed to get up to maybe 20.  Screw that!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2016, 06:13:06 AM »
Yeah on that, BC! Yeah, I would stay home with weather like that, too. It would be a waste of time squirrel hunting in such conditions.

I made it out twice during January and saw nothing. Season closed 1/31/16.  :'(

Facebook Comments