November 21, 2017, 04:11:02 PM

Author Topic: Y'all Getting Ready?  (Read 6552 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Y'all Getting Ready?
« on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
Bow season starts here next month, and just like last season I'm not ready. Why do things speed up as you get older? When I was a kid deer season took forever to get here. Now it seems like it just closed last week.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Y'all Getting Ready?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
Bow season starts here next month, and just like last season I'm not ready. Why do things speed up as you get older? When I was a kid deer season took forever to get here. Now it seems like it just closed last week.
Yeah, time does seem to speed up as we get older, bo. But, it still seems like a long stretch while waiting for squirrel season to open. This summer seemed to blast by.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »
Bo, 97 degrees here with the heat index of 106! No, aint even started thinking about bow season. Got to start cooling off a little bit first.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »
Bo, 97 degrees here with the heat index of 106! No, ain't even started thinking about bow season. Got to start cooling off a little bit first.

It's like that in Atlanta too. We had a couple guys taken to the hospital the past few weeks because they're not staying hydrated. I have to get the old Black Widow out and have her restrung. I bought 2 new strings last year and now I can't find the d*** things. I could have sworn I put them in my tackle box, but they ain't there. I guess memory is the second thing to go at this age. :tickedoff :tickedoff :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:15 AM »
My son John In Phoenix is headed to the PSE factory to have a special bow made for himself. A pal of his in Phoenix knows the folks at PSE and put him on the deal.

Son plans on getting back to bowhunting and doing it in AZ this year. His pal hunts with PSE.

I was selling PSE equipment part time when they were just busting into the market.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
Haven't done a thing either. My last anything with hunting was in Spring when I brought back a rifle from the USA and messed around with a scope or two. Changed the butt stock on one Handi and added weight in both. Those warmer 45-70 Govt loads can get your attention in a hurry.

It is warm or wet and mostly buggy outside. I'm waiting to see if we got a Doe tag. Waiting for the ATF to get my pita paperwork and then I need to decide what or if I am going to hunt South.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:43:32 PM by BBF »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »
Bow season opened here this morning.  Been looking on a state hunting site to see how people did.  As of right now, I only know of 1 doe being taken by a 13 year old boy.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:53:44 PM »
98 degree 10 pt.

Big doe

Ya' reckon that feller is a little warm?  ;D  That shirt looks like it's drenched!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:56:27 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »
That's tough hunting in hot weather, BC!

BBF

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:49:50 PM »
A bit of progress, the ATF blessed me with a permit to bring two specific rifles into the US of A. My Rem 742 and a Handi.

The local Doe lottery results will be out on the 13th of Sept. Haven't touched a rifle yet.

A 3 month stay south of my border will set me back about 3K's. That is a lot of bread especially as I'm bound and determined to to some cruising next summer. Decisions Decisions. :-\

Facebook Comments