October 22, 2017, 02:18:19 AM

Author Topic: They're Dropping Like Flies! -- KY 2011 Bow Season  (Read 8903 times)

BBF

Re: They're Dropping Like Flies! -- KY 2011 Bow Season
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
STAN POTTS !! ARRRGH. That Dude just irritates me to no end on the TV shows he is in.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
There's a couple of big ol' nannies in that last bunch of pictures.  :o
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
All of these dang bowhunters are taking out all of the good deer!  :tickedoff

;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
How's this for a PIG!   :o

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »
 :shock: :tickedoff BC, that guy shot your deer!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »
They're all super nice but that last one is awesome! O0 O0 O0 O0

Shouldn't be too many deductibles on him. I bet he'll be up there near the top at the end of the season.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
Some really nice bucks!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »
That last monster grossed over 200, but only netted 180.  :'(   Still, it's a heck of a deer to get, especially with a bow.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 01:03:06 AM »
Here's a really nice one, as well as a good story........  O0   Congrats to RUB LINE!  Talk about being tickled!  That smile says it all and that's what it's all about.  ;)

My 2011 "Rain Out" Buck

I've been Watching this guy and his running partner (A really nice 8) since back in early June. The rains this spring kept me from getting my mineral sites out during the normal time to let the deer find them and start using them. I set them out the last weekend in June and this big guy and the 8 started showing up. (Big thanks to one of out fellow ATer's Baz77, who I still owe and hunting spot, for turning me on to a new mix of minerals that are working really great) I kept watching them through the spotting scope and following them with the camera's all summer. Opening day rolled around and the only wind that was marginal that I really didn't want to hunt was a North East wind and guess what, showed up, North east wind. So I backed out and decided to try it Sunday. Got up in the stand Sunday evening for about an hour and the storms from the hurricane hit and ran me out of the stand. Monday rolls around with heavy rains and wind all day (out of the North east again) so I decided to stay at the house and not risk it. I'm pretty bummed out at this point because I had to be back at work tuesday. I get up tuesday morning and drive to work in the rain, hoping and praying that it keeps raining so they will send us home (I'm a Union Ironworker). Sure enough, get to work and they send us back to the house for the day. I get in the stand at 3:30 and at 7:15 both of them show up out in the field but not in there normal place. There is only 1 oak tree around this entire field that has acorns and they make a b-line for it and stay under it until dark. I slipped out after dark thinking I've missed my chance and that they were going to change thier pattern. I get up wednesday morning to more rain and more prayers that they will send us home again from work. We got to work and made it until 9:30 and they sent us home again! Now being the wonderful and thoughtful son that I am LOL  I called my dad and told him to grab his climber and go with me. I set him up in a poplar right beside the oak that they had fed under the evening before hoping that if they done the same thing again he would get a shot. So at 3:30 we are set up and waiting to see what happens. Before to long dad is covered up with does and small bucks and I'm sitting across the field listening to the crickets chirp! AT 7:00 I look over where the big boys normally come out and I see antler tips coming up over the hill. I grabbed my bow thinking it was them and out comes a really nice little 7 point that I've never seen before during glassing or on the cams. He feeds out into the beans and feeds up to about 15 yards from my stand. He kept looking for the longest time back behind me in the woods and I was afraid to move and look for what he was looking at. I kept shifting my eyes as far as I could trying to see what he was looking at. The third time I looked I seen that big right beam sticking out of the weeds on the edge of the field looking back and forth ever so slowy. I new it was him in an instant, I hooked my silverhorn on the string and as soon as he started to step out in the field I drew. He came out 4 or 5 steps in the beans and stopped. He was quarting away hard and I settled my 30 yard pin on his last rib and pulled through the shot. When the arrow dissapeared they water just exploded off of him and he lunged forward and I seen my arrow fall out the far side and blood spray out everywhere. I watched him run out of the field and start over the hill and the last thing I seen was his back legs come up and over. I called dad, and told him what happened and told him to meet me and we would follow him up. I was raining hard but there was so much blood that it didn't matter. He made it about 80 yards and piled up 50 yards from the barn that I had my truck hid in! It was a great hunt and great summer watching these deer go about there everyday schedule and planning what I was gonna do. It was even better to have my dad there who has drug me through the woods since before I was big enough to walk. It was also wonderful to come home and share it with my baby boy who was born in february and think about how great it going to be when he is old enough to go and share this with me.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:44 AM »
NICE DEER!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments