October 21, 2017, 05:24:22 PM

Author Topic: They're Dropping Like Flies! -- KY 2011 Bow Season  (Read 8900 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: They're Dropping Like Flies! -- KY 2011 Bow Season
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
Some more pictures.

This buck was taken Sept 17th in Owen Co. This amazing animal has an inside spread of 21 inches, 27 inch main beams, and 15 scorable points. The long drop on the left beam is a little over 9.5 inches. After a rough scoring by a couple of us that were there, he totaled 196" B&C.

A picture and video the guy took  O0

9 17 11 Doe hunt

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
 O0 More nice deer!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
196 B&C with a bow! God, can you imagine that?????
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
196 B&C with a bow! God, can you imagine that?????
  O0 Not bad!

I put a fella onto a deer that scored 248, the biggest bow killed deer in the nation that year. It was killed at my workplace. The hunter was on the cover of Petersen's Hunting that year. That fella drove 100 miles to hunt our installation at (IAAAP) Middletown, Iowa. He was new that year to our installation and surpassed all the old dogs that have hunted the place for years.  ;D

He has taken several deer in the 180's class and gave up hunting a couple of years later. He lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. His hunting pal from C.R. still bow hunts the place.

We see a lot of big bucks at our workplace.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
Here's a weird one taken on Ft. Knox last weekend.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Here's one that is knocking on the state record's door.........

It's been rough scored gross 191 and net 187 1/8.  I wasn't sure what the state record archery deer was so I did some searching.....

Kentucky’s number one typical buck scored 188 2/8, and is 33rd on the Pope & Young Club all-time list. The buck was killed by Tim Raikes in Marion County in 1996.

What's funny is that Tim Raikes is my cousin. I'm pretty sure I know where he killed that deer too.  My brother and I used to hunt back there on Tim's parents land.........  At least until my brother shot a nice deer back there and Tim talked his parents into not letting us hunt back there any more.  :tickedoff

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
So he wants to have all those deer for himself huh? Be funny if you find out he shot it at night or out of season! :twisted: :roll: :wink:

That Ft Knox buck is cool. Still in velvet! I'd like to have had a shot at him. O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »
Yeah, he used to hunt all over the place, except right in behind his parents house.  The first year my brother and I ever hunted, dad took us up there, sat us down, and within an hour a dandy, tall racked 8 pt walked up behind my brother and woke him up.  ;D   He turned around and shot it, leaving powder burns on the deer it was so close.  After Tim saw how big the deer was, we couldn't hunt back there any more.  :x

That Knox buck is a weird one, for sure.  There's some big deer out there.  The biggest deer I've ever seen while hunting was out there.  Dang thing was at least 150"!  Shot at it with the muzzleloader, but clipped a limb and missed.  :x

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
 :tickedoff Your cousin is a real AHOLE, BC!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2011, 09:33:01 AM »
:tickedoff Your cousin is a real AHOLE, BC!

You don't know the half of it.  ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments