November 17, 2017, 02:22:38 PM

Author Topic: .327 Federal Magnum  (Read 8967 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
.327 Federal Magnum
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »
Thinking of getting one of these for CCDW.  Anyone shot one or know much about them?  All I've got to go on is what I've read.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: .327 Federal Magnum
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »
A lot of folks talk about the caliber but the group I hang out with is big on automatics and not so much with revolvers.

The Ruger SP is  supposed to be the cats pajamas in that round. I thought I read somewhere that Charter Arms is making one too. I know the Ruger is a six shot but don't know if the Charter Arms is or not.

I've always liked Ruger and the SP is super sweet. So don't get me wrong, but the Bulldog and the Pug both just feel right when you hold them. Might be a little cheaper too. Haven't compared weight or barrel length though.

The biggest complaint I've heard on the round is that it's not really a .327, but basically a slightly bigger .32 magnum. Personally I couldn't care less that Ruger wants to market it like a .357. To me the only question would be is it going to fit my needs? I would think as a concealed carry gun it would be perfect.

Lets be honest. If you have to use it, the chances are you're going to be real close to your target so barrel length won't be as big an issue as your need to draw and fire quickly. The .327 should fill the need very well.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:50:07 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:00:33 AM »
Everything I have read about the round has been very positive.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »
Got the beast ordered.  >:D   I'm getting a Taurus M327

Several companies offer the caliber:

Charter Arms Patriot Revolver

Ruger Blackhawk

Ruger GP100

Ruger SP101

Smith & Wesson 632

And the Taurus 327

Of all of them, the Taurus I liked the best and looked to be about "the smallest".  Since I got burned last time I bought a Taurus by only looking at the pictures of the guns on their web site and not an "actual" gun, I made sure of what the guns looked like by checking pictures of the actual guns on GunBroker.  O0

This gun from Taurus though is kind of an oddity.  I asked my buddy at the pawn shop to look into getting one for me.  He did some digging and found that Taurus only offered the caliber for Elliott Brothers distributing.  He couldn't get it because he didn't have an account with Elliott Brothers.  :'(   Got to looking around the net to see what I could find.  Finally, the place where I ended up ordering it from was Hinterland Outfitters out of Texas.  They had the best price and cheapest shipping. O0

Got to looking around on their web site and they've got just about everything you could ever want related to hunting/shooting and relatively cheap too.  :o

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
 O0 Nice gun, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »
I don't have any personal info on them. However on the other website I post the general and majority input on Taurus products and especially their Customer Service is very poor. A few Taurus owners are happy with the product, most are not for one reason or another.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »
However on the other website I post the general and majority input on Taurus products and especially their Customer Service is very poor. A few Taurus owners are happy with the product, most are not for one reason or another.

I whole-heartedly agree, their customer service sucks! :tickedoff   The one good thing that I've found however is that there's usually very little need to have to deal with their customer service.  O0   This one will make either 4 or 5 Taurus pistols I've got.  Haven't had a lick of trouble out of any of them.  They shoot good, function without flaw, and are as accurate as anything else on the market (with the exception of competition guns).

I just now thought BBF...........  Is it even legal for you to look at the pictures??   ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 07:15:01 AM »
My daughter and I really like her Taurus .45 auto. It shoots and handles great.

BBF

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »
I can look at anything I want, especially when the Missus isn't around :twisted:

BTW What I read on the other Site, Taurus isn't the only one with poor CS. !!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
What's the deal with their customer service?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments