November 18, 2017, 08:46:46 AM

Author Topic: .327 Federal Magnum  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: .327 Federal Magnum
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »
What's the deal with their customer service?

It sucks!  :tickedoff

The little .22 Taurus pistol I got recently, the pictures of the gun on their web site were drastically different than the actual gun.  The guy at the pawn shop sent the gun back to them and explained in a letter what the issue was.  They kept the gun for 2 weeks, only to come back and say (even after the guy made 2 phone calls to them) that there is a disclaimer on their site that says that the actual guns may vary from the picture.  :knuppel2   No trying to make it right, no appologies, no free swag, nothing!  Not even the common courtesy of a reach-around!

The guy at the pawn shop said that he sent another gun back to them once to have a sight changed on it.  It took them a year to replace the sight, and then somehow they "lost" the gun and sold it to someone else!  :tickedoff

If they didn't make a good gun, at a good price, I wouldn't mess with them at all.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Picked up the little beast today.  :D   Gotta sneak it into the house tonight after the wife goes to bed and get it cleaned up and ready to try out tomorrow.  O0

I'm a very firm believer in that what the wife don't know won't hurt her.  ;)   ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »
Picked up the little beast today.  :D   Gotta sneak it into the house tonight after the wife goes to bed and get it cleaned up and ready to try out tomorrow.  O0

I'm a very firm believer in that what the wife don't know won't hurt her.  ;)   ;D
  O0 ;D She won't even catch on!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 10:41:44 AM »
  Oh come on.
You mean what she doesn't know keeps you safe and healthy. :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
  Oh come on.
You mean what she doesn't know keeps you safe and healthy. ;)

Keeps all of us safe, and me SANE!  :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 09:17:08 AM »

Keeps all of us safe, and me SANE!  :D
I can for sure understand that, given how most wives think.  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »
I'm here to tell you, that little gun is a bad little S.O.B.  :o :o :o :o :o

Finally got out to get to shoot it this evening.  It recoils worse than a .38 and is a heck of alot louder.  Even with the electronic ear muffs I've got, it was still echoing pretty good.  After 30 shots, I've got a blister in the web of my hand between my thumb and index finger.

It surprised the heck out of me that that little cartridge was as bad as it was.  >:D   I can see why the stuff I've read about it said that the ballistics were comperable to a .357 mag.

The gun shoots a little to the left, but that's easily correctable.  O0   Loaded with 6 cartridges, it's not really that heavy either.  I can tell right now, once I get a good holster for it, it's going to be my primary carry gun.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
 O0 Yep, should be a very good carry gun!

BBF

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
I would prefer a silencer on any "heat" I would carry. Eliminate the scum silently. Being I can't have either it doesn't matter.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
Found out something interesting about the little .327 Fed. Mag.........  I can shoot .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, and .32 H&R Mag out of it.  O0   They all shoot the same size bullet, .312" diameter.  The difference is the case length, with the .327 FM having the longest.  Found a good article about it:  http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SP101-327.htm

The guy plugs the Ruger SP101 throughout, but it's still a good read related to all aspects of the .327

Gonna have to check into some of the other cartridges and see if they're a little cheaper than the .327 Fed. Mag.  They'll be good for plinking.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments