November 24, 2017, 10:00:58 AM

Author Topic: Big Bore Delivery  (Read 2963 times)

BBF

Big Bore Delivery
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
Rumaging thru my drawers I found an old bullet I recovered from a moose. Said moose met his end by stopping a cal 44  265 gr Hornady FN at about 45 yards shot from a 444 Marlin. The "mushroom" is .700" and the bullet still weighs 253 gr. IMO that is OUTSTANDING performance.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Big Bore Delivery
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »
doesn't get any better than that  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »
 O0 Sure did an outstanding job!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »
Love that .444 and .45/70!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
In a moment of mental fatigue I sold that 444.  :uglystupid2

If I would have kept it there be no need for the 45-70's I got now. Both are Handi's, and both need "bleeding" ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:11 PM »
In a moment of mental fatigue I sold that 444.  :uglystupid2

If I would have kept it there be no need for the 45-70's I got now. Both are Handi's, and both need "bleeding" ;D

You can send them down here to me.  I'll take care of that for you.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:02:21 AM »
You don't qualify to keep, handle or drool over duly registered Canadian firearms. :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »
You don't qualify to keep, handle or drool over duly registered Canadian firearms. ;)

Probably a good thing!  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
My Govt. would agree. ;D ;D

BTW. Yesterday was my first trip to the Range with my liberated from the US Handi. I found one plinker load with cast bullets that show excellent promise. 350gr. BBFN with 17 gr of Trail Boss. Now comes the selection for that Hind-Hunt.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
How about a .444 or .45-70 Derringer!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: O0 O0

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments