November 18, 2017, 02:49:36 PM

Author Topic: 4 More Bite The Dust  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
4 More Bite The Dust
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
Had to go solo this morning.  :'(   The boy said he didn't feel like going.  Saw quite a few but the little buggers were skittish this morning for some reason.  Saw about 5-6 before I finally got a shot at one.  Shot that one and just a few seconds later I saw a deer headed around the bench toward me.  Put the scope up and saw it was a good little 7-8 pt.  O0   There wasn't going to be any way I could get out of there without spooking him, so I pulled the collar up on my jacket to cover most of my face and just hunkered down.  He got about 15 yds away from me and knew something wasn't right.  He saw me, but didn't know what I was.  I didn't move and he didn't wind me, but he slowly made his way out of there, looking back every now and then at me.  After he left, I went and got the squirrel.

Got 2 more grays a little after that and then headed down to another spot since it seemed like the squirrels were down a little lower.  Saw another one up in a tree and after following him around in the tree for about 5 minutes I finally was able to pop him.  Dang thing fell down and landed in the crotch of the tree and got stuck.  :tickedoff   Heard and saw a few more, but never got any other shots.

Got home and went to clean them and that's when "the fun" started...........  ::)   Had the first one by the tail and was cutting through the base of the tail when it broke through the tail bone and kept going.  :o   Cut off a pretty good chunk of meat on the first joint of my index finger and cut a nice crescent in the middle joint of my middle finger.  Came in the house and got some band aids on so I could finish cleaning the squirrels.  By the time I got done, the band aids were soaked and blood was dripping off my fingers.  Came in and cleaned them up and wrapped them up tight to stop the bleeding.  Finally got it stopped and got some clean bandages on them.  Figured I'd run by the Dr. tomorrow and have them looked at.  The one on my index finger will probably be OK once it scabs over.  The one on my middle finger will probably need 5-6 stitches.

Ticked me off too!  I was wanting to have some nice fresh fried squirrel for lunch.  :tickedoff  Can't do much with my left hand though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: 4 More Bite The Dust
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »
Good going on the rats, but keep an eye on those cuts. They sound alot worse than the ones that dang near put me in the hospital a couple years ago. Watch out for the red streak running up your arm in a few days. If you see it, get med attention immediately.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:44 PM »
Dang, BC. That just sucks... :-\ Sorry to hear that, Bud.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »
You can still use that left hand to point the woman to the kitchen,, cantcha ?? :twisted:

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:41 AM »
You can still use that left hand to point the woman to the kitchen,, cantcha ?? :twisted:
  O0 ;D Yeah!

Too bad about the cuts, BC! :sad: I hope the cuts heal fine! You could butterfly the cuts. works really good on hand cuts. I butterflyed a bunch of cuts on a gal's hand and the cuts healed fine, with almost no scars. She was cleaning a bar glass and it broke in her hand, cut her hand and fingers really bad with a bunch of cuts.

You done pretty good on the squirrels! It has to be tough squirrel hunting in your neck of the woods, give the weather you have been having.

That smaller knife holds a pretty good edge, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
I've got an appointment today at 3:30 at the Dr. to have the cuts looked at.  I've been putting antibiotic ointment on them every time I put new bandaids on.  Figured it's probably about time for another tetanus shot too.  I think they're good for 7 years aren't they?  It's been 6, so I probably should get another.

Actually John, your knife wasn't to blame for this one.  Remember the custome knife with the antler handle I got off the guy around here that I sent you pictures of?  It was that one.  I had had your little one out sharpening it and wasn't done with it, so I took one of the others.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »
You cut yourself after ALL the training bb84 gave you? I swear. Now he's going to be really mad and take away your knife AND flashlight. :wink: ;D

Did you get to the doctor today? It's important to get any cuts on your hand attended asap, because it doesn't take much for them to get infected. O0 O0 O0

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
Yep, made it to the Dr.  I made the nurse cringe when I was telling her how I did it and when she was looking at them.  >:D ;D   Both an intern and the Dr. were more interested in the squirrel hunting than they were the cuts.  ;D ;D ;D

Since the one was pretty well sticking shut, they didn't want to put stitches in it.  Said it opened it up for more infection.  They told me to take it easy on it and if it tears open to come see them.  The one was a "clean cut" so they weren't too concerned about it.  Got another tetanus shot.

Below are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  ;D   After looking at the pictures vs. what my hand actually looks like, the stuff looks smaller in the pictures. :?

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »
Yep, That's gonna smart for a while

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 10:30:46 AM »
Yep, That's gonna smart for a while
  :shock: Sure is gonna hurt for a while! You should be sure to wear rubber gloves when cleaning game until the cuts are healed, BC. Foreign blood and guts will infect instantly.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments