November 22, 2017, 06:08:52 AM

Author Topic: The Boy Got His First Squirrel Today!  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
The Boy Got His First Squirrel Today!
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
The boy and I went out this morning, him with the new 20 gauge I got him, and me with the .17 HMR as "backup".  O0   He shot at 1 and either peppered it or missed.  He got too far away for the 20 gauge, and stopped long enough for me to get the crosshairs on him.  Almost took his whole head off.  >:D   When we were looking for that one and I was cutting a stick to hang him on after we found him, there were squirrels running everywhere around us!  :o   We slipped down to an old beligerant fox squirrel that sounded like he was pitching bowling balls out of the tree.  Finally picked him out, the boy shot and peppered him, but it didn't seem to phase the squirrel.  :x   I grabbed his shotgun and shot twice more at him, but he still just kept taunting us.  Put the shotgun down, grabbed the .17 and took care of his big beligerant taunting red butt.  O0   Got him and saw a gray squirrel off to the side.  The boy shot at that one, but didn't get it.  A 17 grain V-Max bullet to his neck took care of him though.

After getting that one, we heard another squirrel cutting and moved up to that one.  We got relatively close to it and kept waiting for the right shot.  He came out on the end of a limb and sat there cutting a nut.  >:D   We were finally able to get the boy to get a bead on him.  One shot and he dropped.  O0 >:D :D

Total, we got 4.  Three gray and one fox.  Took some pictures, but haven't downloaded them off the camera yet.  I'll try to get them up tomorrow.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: The Boy Got His First Squirrel Today!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Great news BC. We will have to mark this day as the beginning of a legend that will be called Mason  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:06:46 AM »
I swear, I can't get that boy to smile to save his soul.............  ::)   ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 08:14:33 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Boy AND dad did really great! He's a very serious hunter, just like his dad!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
SA-WEET!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
As you can tell, I was more excited about it than he was.  ::)   ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
As you can tell, I was more excited about it than he was.  ::)   ;D
  O0 I can sure understand that, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
good to see he got one. Remember when i first got a squirrel i was excited.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »
Hey fuzz, haven't seen you around.  How ya' been man?

It's supposed to rain off and on all this weekend.  Doesn't look like we'll make it out squirre hunting this weekend.  I've been watching the sunflowers at the back part of the property though.  ;)   If it quits raining enough this weekend foe us to get back there, I'm going to try to make it happen.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
Awesome job by Lil' BC!  O0   

Too bad his pops wouldn't let him get any closer than 75 yds away with his 20 gauge....just so the .17 had to come out.   ;D ;D

Sorry...couldn't resist.  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments