December 15, 2017, 03:27:52 AM

Author Topic: Got a Semi-Nice One.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Got a Semi-Nice One.
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:18:30 PM »
The Falcons were out of town this weekend so I was prepared to hunt sat-mon. As it turned out I got lucky early Saturday morning. I told y'all about the 8 or 10 point buck I saw opening weekend, and how I wanted to see if I could get him. I'm pretty sure I did. I can't be certain though.

I didn't measure him but I'm guessing around 110 to 120. In any case I'm going to put him on the wall. I figure I deserve to get this one mounted since it seems like 200 years since I've killed a buck of any size. For that matter killed any buck period.

Here's how it went down. I got up in my ol man in a different tree from the last time, about 20 yards further down the creek. There was a bend in the creek and I had my back to it and was looking at an area of maybe 40-45 yards of bottom land that had only about 6 or 7 trees and they were all white oaks.  The whole area was heavily forrested except this one little spot. It offered me a real clear an unobstructed shooting lane for basically 180 degrees. I was up about 19-20 feet. I usually hunt lower than that, but because of the lack of cover I wanted to make sure the deer wouldn't catch any movement.

About 9am it was overcast and about 70 degrees and I saw him coming down a saddle and he walked along the edge of the creek and followed it almost like a trail. I let him go by me and when the creek made a sharp turn it gave me a clear shot at less than 30 yards and it was all instinct at that point. I knew he was shooter from the first and was just waiting for the right angle. The arrow went almost all the way through and the blade was sticking out the other side.

He hopped the creek and tried to run up a small hill but gave out before he went 20 yards. I gutted him  and then took him to the cooler to have him processed and where they weighed him in at 133 lbs. Pretty nice for this part of the state.

Like I said I'm pretty sure he was the one I saw opening weekend but I can't be 100% sure. In any case I'm only allowed one more buck so I don't know what I'll do next. The Falcons are away this week and Playing Seattle so I'm going to go again this weekend, but the dirty birds are playing the Packers at home in 2 weeks and I ain't about to miss that game.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Got a Semi-Nice One.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
Congrats Bo!!!  O0 

About time you got a good one.  ;)   But I gotta say............... 

WTF happened??  :o   You ain't that good!  How did this happen?  Was the deer blind, mentally retarded, or a relative of Nutz?  :?

Just kidding man!  >:D O0   Congrats in the biggest way!  If you've got any pictures of you and the beast, or just the beast, send them to me.  I'll post them up, but protect the identity of the guilty.  ;)

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
With out pictures, it didn't happen  ;D
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:46:05 AM »
 :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: You git er done, bo! Nice buck!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
With out pictures, it didn't happen  ;D

I try to cut him some slack.  ::)   After all, he's so old he doesn't know about them "new fangled" compounds yet, and his camera makes tin types. 
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
Oh I took some pictures! You can be sure of that. I used a 35mm disposable camera that I bought at Wally World. It's even camouflaged. I'm not spending $1,000.00 on one of those cameras with chips in them.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »
BTW.....

Talking about compound bows and such. I get up to the cooler and we get him inside and hung up, and there was a guy there from near Nicks neck of the woods. About 30 years old and a big time compound guy.

He asks me what I shot the deer with? I said my Black Widow. He said he's never heard of that company. I tell him it's a custom made job and the company is in Missouri.

He looks at me like I have three heads and says he knows PSE and a few other companies have custom or pro models but he didn't know there was one called Black Widow.

I tell him that it's a recurve. Now he looks at me like I have four heads and asks if he can see it?

I said sure and take it out and he's holding and going oooh! and aaaah! Then he hands it back to me and says that it's a real pretty bow and he'd like to buy it and use it as a back up in case his bow breaks down.

He said. I'll give you $300.00 for it because it's used but still in good condition.

Then it was my turn to look at him like he had four heads. Needless to say he didn't buy it, after I told him A) It's not for sale. B) It was made for my shooting needs and wouldn't fit him well and C) It cost almost $700.00 for the bow alone. D) the new ones were going for over $1,000.00

I told him to go online and look at their websites and see for himself.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »
I suspect he knew exactly what you have and was trying to con you out of it for dang near nothing, bo. Nice bow!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
I suspect he knew exactly what you have and was trying to con you out of it for dang near nothing, bo. Nice bow!

You're probably right. Still. We have a population of morons and idiots here that never cease to amaze me, and the population seems to be growing. Normally I don't complain much though, because it means job security.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
You're probably right. Still. We have a population of morons and idiots here that never cease to amaze me, and the population seems to be growing. Normally I don't complain much though, because it means job security.
That's because you get bored without action, so we ship some of our dirtbags to you for elimination and processing. So far, none of them have returned here. You are doing an outstanding job, bo!  :twisted: O0

Facebook Comments