November 25, 2017, 12:57:27 AM

Author Topic: Road Kill Cook-off and Autumn Harvest Festival :)  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Road Kill Cook-off and Autumn Harvest Festival :)
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »
Something tells me the Petards won't be a sponsor for this one!   ;D

By John Kelly, Published: September 27  http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/wva-roadkill-festival-its-very-tongue-in-cheek/2011/09/26/gIQAhO012K_story.html

Baylee Blankenship has the sort of winning smile that beauty contest judges love to see. In the two years since the 9-year-old from Lewisberg, W.Va., started entering pageants she has been named Little Miss Greenbrier County, Little Miss Mercer County and Little Miss Ronceverte River Festival. At a pageant in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va., she was crowned Little Miss Dandelion.

Now she is Little Miss Roadkill.

Her mother, Stephanie Blankenship, had second thoughts about entering Baylee in the pageant, part of the annual Roadkill Cook-off and Autumn Harvest Festival in Marlinton, W.Va.

“I said, ‘Do I really want my daughter to be Miss Roadkill?’ ” Stephanie recalled.

In the end, she did. And so on Saturday, Baylee donned a blue-and-white sash embroidered with “Little Miss Roadkill 2011,” put on a silvery tiara and took her place among a court that also included Miss Roadkill, Miss Teen Roadkill, Miss Pre-Teen Roadkill and Tiny Miss Roadkill.

“It’s actually a pretty cool deal,” Stephanie said. “The name is deceiving.”

Full Story:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/wva-roadkill-festival-its-very-tongue-in-cheek/2011/09/26/gIQAhO012K_story.html
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Road Kill Cook-off and Autumn Harvest Festival :)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:03 AM »
Outstanding! They would love my Camp Stew,huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments