October 22, 2017, 05:53:04 AM

Author Topic: Cooning is a sport.. It's and adventure!  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Cooning is a sport.. It's and adventure!
« on: October 04, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
Last night my wife and I turned loose on state land. I decided to wait untill wel after dark to give the deer hunting people time to make tracks for home.

We showed up at the turn loose spot and low and behold a dang car was sitting in the lot. I checked it out and found a state hunting card in the windshield. We waited another 20 min and no one showed up. By this time it was an hour and a half after legal shooting hours.

I turned the dog loose and we sat and goofed around while the dog did his thing. I could hear the dog treed so we pulled out the Gamrnin handheld and headed in to him. 623 yards later we get to him and tie him back, shine the tree and see a coon.

Just as I was snapping the leed on the dog my wife freaks and screams out "WHAT THE H*&& IS THAT!!!".

I look up and a feller was in a climber scared to DEATH!
He is from a more urbanized city 30 miles North of here and when he heard the dog he thought it was a coyote. He said it kept getting closer and closer so he was going to wait it out.

Then he said when he saw flashing red lights from the tracking collar and saw it was a bloodhound. He just knew it was the DNR. He thought his wife was worried that he fell out of the tree or something and called them to come find him LOL!!!!!!!!

The feller said he fell asleep and the dog woke him up.

My wife surely made him feel silly cause she laughed her head off and hooted and hollerd all the way back to the truck!!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Re: Cooning is a sport.. It's and adventure!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »
Interesting.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Cooning is a sport.. It's and adventure!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Treed! I knew a fella that got scared when he heard some hunting dogs getting close and got up a tree, same as what happened with your experience, Tech.  He thought the dogs were wild feral dogs.

He made a big mistake, telling us about it.  ;D The bird hunters that owned the dogs were greatly amused when they came upon the treed fella.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We still razz him about that.  :twisted: ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments