November 17, 2017, 08:03:15 PM

Author Topic: Anybody heard from Uncle Bucky?  (Read 1935 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Anybody heard from Uncle Bucky?
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
Saw a Video of him last Sat taking down 3 Does about 20 mins apart! I love watching his hunts! 

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Anybody heard from Uncle Bucky?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/bowhunterjohn63?feature=mhee
This is the link to his video. Very cool Hunt! I wish it was me!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
Forget Uncle Bucky, where you been hidin' man?  :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »
Been here all the time!  :) Mostly lurking in the shadows and trying to keep my head down and nose to the grind stone. You know with hunting season starting, I would be back with all my stories of how I can miss deer all the time!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
Been here all the time!  :) Mostly lurking in the shadows and trying to keep my head down and nose to the grind stone. You know with hunting season starting, I would be back with all my stories of how I can miss deer all the time!  ;D ;D ;D

Well it ain't gonna be any fun for us if you fess up to it up front that you're going to be missing the deer.  :tickedoff   How are we supposed to make fun of you?

I was going to say that you've got to redeem yourself for all the misses last year, but apparently that's not going to happen.  ::)

;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
HA!  ;D ;D Well, the misses run in the Family! My boy missed with his bow on Sat. Nice 8pt at about 18 yards! It was the 1st deer he has drawn on since he bought his bow. He got the shakes and missed low! Guess it happens to everybody. He has not missed with the rifle since he was 12, so it is eating at him. I told him that was Bow hunting. He said it was such a rush that he might not pickup the rifle all year!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:04 AM »
When I missed that doe Saturday morning, I was dumbfounded!  :?   I thought, "WTF!!!"  I couldn't figure it out.  Then after the buck showed up and I shot, I was still shaking an hour later.  ;D   Around 4:00 or so, when I was glassing him and I saw just how big he was, the shakes started all over again!  ;D

If I ever quit getting the shakes like that after a shot, I'll know it's time to quit hunting.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Yea, anybody that dont get the shakes is either Dead or a big liar! I dont get them while shooting, Mine come on after it is over. The last 3 or 4 that I have taken have got to me so bad that I have to wait a good bit before going to get it.  I hope I never get to the point that taking a deer becomes routine.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »
  ??? I've never had the shakes while hunting, even though many folks do. I've had plenty of excitement on some hunts, but not the shakes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
  :? I've never had the shakes while hunting, even though many folks do. I've had plenty of excitement on some hunts, but not the shakes.

It's basically from an adrenaline dump in your system.  It's a high like no other.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments