October 21, 2017, 09:55:26 AM

Author Topic: Local kids and big bucks  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
Local kids and big bucks
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
These are the type of pics and stories I love to share the most!
These are pics of a buck my co-worker's 16 year old son took yesterday. What a monster! 20 yd shot and he when 60 yds. I can imagine how he held it together to make a great shot. The broadhead actually severed the aorta from the heart  O0

Check out the mass! the tines spiraled as they went up.

" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Local kids and big bucks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
The deer itself doesn't look too awfully big, but what a rack!  :o   What a pig!!!  Congrats to the boy!!!  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:38 AM »
The pic doesn't do the deer justice. He was well over 200 lbs. An all around slob!!!
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
 :shock: O0 NICE DEER!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »

Dead buck !! :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
The pic doesn't do the deer justice. He was well over 200 lbs. An all around slob!!!

I guess in this instance, the camera subtracts 50 lbs.  ;D   The deer on the 4 wheeler looks to be around 150 lbs or so.  If the deer went over 200 lbs, I would REALLY hate to see how much the camera shrunk the rack!  :o
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 06:13:20 PM »

I guess in this instance, the camera subtracts 50 lbs.  ;D   The deer on the 4 wheeler looks to be around 150 lbs or so.  If the deer went over 200 lbs, I would REALLY hate to see how much the camera shrunk the rack!  :o
I know! I would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.  He was hanging from ceiling to floor in the guys garage! :shock: I took the second pic with my cell phone to show the true mass of the rack. I took some measurements when I was there and guess it will score in the mid 140's.

Talked to my coworker tonight and it weighed 230 dressed and the taxi scored it @ 141"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:25:30 AM by Bowhuntr115 »

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
sweet buck, congrats to that kid.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Facebook Comments