November 22, 2017, 05:24:54 PM

Author Topic: A Long Drawn Out Day!  (Read 4719 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: A Long Drawn Out Day!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 06:12:55 PM »
That is an awesome deer BC!!!!!!!!! Big time congrats on the deer and your effort to recover him as quickly and humanely as possible. I do have to ask one question.......can your taxidermist fix the exit hole in the neck good enough or is he gonna have to use a different cape? Congrats again, now get oyu rbutt down here for a rabbit hunt.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
Thanks Ned.  O0   I'm tickled to death with him!  :D   I catch myself almost daily looking at the pictures of the beast I've got on my phone.  ;D

The exit hole should be OK Ned.  It's the entrance hole that I was worried about.  With it going in, it will punch inward and cut hair.  Coming out, it should have sliced the hide, but not cut any hair in half or anything.

The people I took it to have been doing taxidermy for 30+ years.  They ain't cheap, but they're good.  O0   The form they're going to use has all kinds of detail from muscle structure in the face, neck, and shoulders.  They said they would also add some clay in there to bring out the detail more as well.  Since I got him before he got his winter hair, they said that they should be able to get all kinds of detail in him because the hair was thin enough.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
Sounds just like a guy I used to hunt with. Had the best of everything and wouldn't hesitate to tell you why his was the best and yours was crap. He would have to kill the most deer and the biggest deer or he wasn't happy. The best part was he didn't even eat the meat :idiot2 :idiot2 He was a killer not a hunter!

I hate to say it but we have one or two people like that here. We've run off a couple too. Hard to respect people like that.

The only time they stop by is when they have something to show off and brag about. Never once have they congratulated anybody here, but they'll talk ad nauseum about their success.

People like that have no self respect and even less honor and no concept of what it means to be a sportsman or conservationist. They only think about themselves and they measure their own worth through killing. Not hunting, but killing. Really sad, but people like that will never change and it will be people like that who will wind up destroying the sport someday if we aren't careful.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »
People like that have no self respect and even less honor and no concept of what it means to be a sportsman or conservationist. They only think about themselves and they measure their own worth through killing. Not hunting, but killing. Really sad, but people like that will never change and it will be people like that who will wind up destroying the sport someday if we aren't careful.
I agree Bo. And to think these people are reproducing and teaching their kids the same messed up values and ethics they have :tickedoff  That's why I like GPS, full of down to earth- good people carrying pointy sticks (of course)  ;D ;D ;D
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
 O0 You fellas are absolutely correct about the two types of hunters. I deal with both every day at work during hunting season.

One example, the deer hunters in my jurisdiction have to harvest a doe or antlerless buck before they can hunt a buck. "Antlerless" also includes a spike buck. I've seen 35 pound deer get checked through the checkpoint. We refer to the tiny deer as "dogs".

We also patrol and check hunters and fisherpersons in the field. Some folks will go to any length to satisfy their personal  kill tally, as most of you have witness, too. I am forced to work with a fella that is only interested in how many ducks, geese, and deer he can kill for bragging rights. He is also the laziest and most worthless cowardly slob Bas***d I have ever had to misfortune to work with. Every hunting season, he bids to my shift so he has more time to hunt. :tickedoff  His hunting pals are well known as our local thieves and liars and get along grandly with each other.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:44 PM »
Got my mount back from the taxidermist last Friday.

They gave me a net score of 138 5/8" on the deer.  O0   That will be big enough to make the record books for the American Crossbow Federation (ACF), BuckMasters, and Safari Club International (SCI) for crossbow-taken deer.  I'll probably have it listed with the ACF because I'm a member and support them and their mission of promoting ALL TYPES of hunting, without discrimination to weapon type.  :)   As far as BuckMasters and SCI, I still haven't decided.  :|   As I said back in October, it's cool that I got a deer this big, and I catch myself looking at it and admiring it each day, but the size of the rack is not what I'm about.

When I got up at the butt-crack of dawn that morning, got dressed, and drove down to the farm, I didn't do it with the intentions of shooting a record book deer.  I did it with the intentions of getting some meat, which this deer provided, although not easily.  :x   The meat has been excellent, as well as the sausage, salami, and snack sticks I had made from the meat.  O0   That's why I hunt.  Not to have my name in some record book for self-gratification.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
 :shock: O0 Nice deer, BC! I would have mounted that one, too!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 08:48:02 AM »
It would be tough to top that one on the wall!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 03:07:05 PM »
Way to go!!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Now you can be on the cover of a magazine too! LOL!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments