October 22, 2017, 11:14:01 AM

Author Topic: KY Early MZ Season  (Read 997 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
KY Early MZ Season
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
Well, the early muzzleloading season opened this morning here in KY.  I didn't get to go.  :'(   One of my cousins was getting married, so we had to go to the wedding.  Poor guy has no idea what he just got himself into.  ;D

Got the 4 wheeler loaded up, the gun loaded and in the truck, and all my stuff packed.  Gonna head out in the morning and see if I can fill my doe tag.  My brother was supposed to had come in for the wedding and to hunt, but screwed up his back last week doing something.  So now he's stuck at home in Wisconsin and can't hunt.  ;D   Hopefully I'll be sending him some more pictures tomorrow of another deer I got off his land.  >:D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: KY Early MZ Season
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
Well, today was a bust.  :tickedoff   Sat my butt up there from 6:30 AM to about 8:00 PM tonight.  Didn't see a deer one.  Saw quite a few squirrels this morning and 5-6 turkeys this afternoon and that was it.  Had a deer come up the hill on me this morning before daylight, but it was too dark to see anything.  Guess I just left too much scent and stuff up there last weekend messing with that buck. 

Oh well.  Still got quite a bit of the season to go.  I'm off work this week, so I'll probably go down at least once and try to thin the squirrels out some more.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:33:29 AM »
You still have plenty of time, BC. And the squirrels sure do need thinning!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »
Point of parliamentary procedure!!!!

I move that the "M" word never be used here again. It's enough to make you want to cry, drink to excess, swim into the jaws of the great white shark and walk into a spinning helicopter blade.
 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
What would rou like to call it, a smokepole?  :?

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Muzzle loader. Muzzle loader. Muzzle loader. :twisted:
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:57:13 PM »
Well, the early muzzleloading season opened this morning here in KY.  I didn't get to go.  :'(   One of my cousins was getting married, so we had to go to the wedding.  Poor guy has no idea what he just got himself into.  ;D

I think he meant one of the other "M" words.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »

I never claimed to be the sharpest pencil in the box.  ::)

Bo is secretly hoping that one day, he will hook up again with his ex-wife, and they will once again be joined in holy matrimony.  ;) ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;D Really?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »

Thanks Mo, for being able to translate! O0 O0 O0

The only time I enjoyed being married was when I walked into the courthouse to get the chains removed and I could be free at last! :'( :'( :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments