November 22, 2017, 12:12:36 AM

Author Topic: crow hunting  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
crow hunting
« on: January 17, 2005, 09:42:46 PM »
hey any one do any good on crows.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Squirrelhunter91

crow hunting
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 09:46:13 PM »
Only while Turkey Hunting in the fall. My dad shot one this year. We were walking around in a big field on my dad's friends farm. We saw & heard the crows cawing on the other side of the field. The flock scattered and abandoned one of the birds. That bird decided to fly in our direction. My dad told me to lay down. We both did. Once that bird got to the right of us, it was over. He made a good shot with the Full Turkey Choke in the gun too. We left the bird for the coon. I gotta find the pic.

Joe

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
crow hunting
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 05:12:13 AM »
17 hmr does a number on a crow! :twisted:  :twisted: Now you see it,now you dont! :lol:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Squirrelhunter91

crow hunting
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 06:53:12 AM »
Ok, I found the pics. Here they are:

Joe

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
crow hunting
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:35:14 PM »
yeah i went and checked my traps today and in doing so a crow flew over so i let him have it with my 20ga. dead on the ground.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

crow hunting
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »
I hate crows..........does anybody here regularly EAT CROW?
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Squirrelhunter91

crow hunting
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 06:16:43 PM »
Too much of a danger when eating crows. Especially with the mosquitoes. West Nile Virus is a big concern. :shock:

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
crow hunting
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 06:37:53 PM »
nope not me no eata the crow but i am gonna try to tan the hide i read in a book that its not hard to do.

Squirrelhunter91

crow hunting
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 06:49:54 PM »
Quote from: Mallard Drake
nope not me no eata the crow but i am gonna try to tan the hide i read in a book that its not hard to do.

What hide on a crow :?:  They are just feathers and fat. Oh yeah, and a nuisance. :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
crow hunting
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 06:55:11 PM »
I think ya'll missed the meaning of "Eating Crow". :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments