October 17, 2017, 11:03:03 AM

Author Topic: Bow opener in Ny  (Read 653 times)

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
Bow opener in Ny
« on: October 16, 2011, 08:03:31 PM »
Saturday was opening day for Bow season here in NY. The weather was crappy (even for NY) with rain and 50mph wind gusts. I drove an hour to the land I usually hunt anyway hoping the weather would calm down. Yeah right, wishful thinking  :idiot2. I decided to leave and drive back home to a new place I got permission to hunt recently and hang some stands. It is only 10 acres and in the middle of "suburbia" but holds alot of deer.  I was able to hunt this land today and ended up shooting this 103 lb doe around 4:30. Not exactly the perfect scenario though. I shot her @ 7 yds and hit her back a little and gut shot her. She ran off on the other side of some brush and stood there and I saw it was a bad hit so I nocked another arrow. I waited for her to start walking and she got to an opening I shot her again @ 25 yds at a hard quartering away angle. This one put her down for good about 30 yds from there. the second pic is from the second shot  with the Rage. The exit wound was on the opposite side of her neck.
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Bow opener in Ny
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »
Congrats man!  O0   You trying to emulate me with the gut shot??  :knuppel2

;D ;D

It happens sometimes though.  :(   Those Rage make a nasty hole don't they?  :o   Looks like they've finally came out with some for crossbows, so I'm going to look at getting some for next year.

She should be some good tender eating.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:40 PM »
Congrats man!  O0   You trying to emulate me with the gut shot??  :knuppel2

Thanks.  I really hate taking shots that close. Ive had 3 under 10 yds and only 1 turned out good.  :tickedoff
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
 O0 You did just fine, even after the first shot, Bow! Sometimes it seems the arrow has a mind of its own.

Nice doe!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
Congrats! Backstraps for dinner! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

I think we all assume that when we're using a bow that we'll be shooting farther more often than closer. When one steps out danger close, it sometimes makes it a harder shot! You got her though and that's all that matters! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
Thanks guys.  :) I just got done cutting her up and threw some on the grill to taste test it  :wink: I'm gonna stop and drop off some steaks to the land owner tomorrow and try to get back in the woods this weekend.

Facebook Comments