October 18, 2017, 10:28:09 AM

Author Topic: Pennsylvania: Fate of bill to allow Sunday hunting unclear  (Read 749 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Pennsylvania: Fate of bill to allow Sunday hunting unclear
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »
Pennsylvania: Fate of bill to allow Sunday hunting unclear

The sponsor of a bill to permit hunting on Sundays in Pennsylvania said Thursday its fate is uncertain because of staunch opposition from the state Farm Bureau. House Game and Fisheries Chairman John Evans, R Erie, said after a four hour hearing on the topic that he was still trying to round up enough votes to get his bill out of committee. Pennsylvania is among 11 states that ban or place special restrictions on Sunday hunting, according to the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation.

Read About It: The Associated Press
Posted: 10/28/2011 9:48:19 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story.

Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Pennsylvania: Fate of bill to allow Sunday hunting unclear
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
I know we got a few members here that would love to see that pass. Most of the reasons given in support of the huning ban are lame at best.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »
I know we got a few members here that would love to see that pass. Most of the reasons given in support of the huning ban are lame at best.

I honestly don't see what the issue is with not allowing it.  :?   It's my freaking time!  I should get to use it the way I see fit!  :x   Why don't they restrict driving on Sundays?  How about preventing businesses from opening on Sundays?  It just doesn't make any sense to not allow people to do what they want to do.  Just as the bill proposes, if specific landowners don't want you to hunt on their land on Sundays, then they can specify that.  One place my uncle and I used to hunt, the old man didn't want us to hunt on Sundays, and we didn't.

I just don't see what the problem is.  :?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:26:46 AM »
Nor do I. The reason quoted that holds the most water is having one day a week that can be enjoyed without the risk or noise of gunfire, but as the arguement was made, they have had all summer for that and they are restricting use when nobody else is even there.
 This proably got started in puritan days and is a bit of a hold over and some folks are resistant to change. I know I am (resistant to change, that is). But this is going a bit too far even by my standards.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 09:33:58 AM »
Their not hunt on Sunday law is one of the dumbest laws I have ever heard of!  :tickedoff :uglystupid2 :crazy2 :idiot2 That alone would be enough to keep me from living in PA.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments