November 20, 2017, 07:52:07 PM

Author Topic: What Gun Are You Going To Use?  (Read 2121 times)

BBF

Re: What Gun Are You Going To Use?
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
Glory be.  I took that pita rifle to the range today and one of my goofiest loads seems to work. :roll:

Imagine a load of Triple 7 and a Magma 405 gr cast bullet seems to be the ticket so far. If I can keep three rounds within 3 to 4 inches at 100 I'm good to go.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:57 PM »
That there lever rifle has some really good lookin wood for the stock, BC. O0 Good luck.

Yeah that was one thing I noticed about it too.  The other side is actually prettier than the side shown.  ;)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
if things continue, i'll prolly use them on myself.

ruger #1 light sporter in .243 win.

browning blr model 81 in 7mm-08 rem

both have leoupold vx-2 on them
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »
It is still bow season here for another 2 weeks then since I am in a shotgun area I always seem to go with my .50 cal CVA muzzleloader. Most people around here give me a hard time saying "you only get one shot!". I just look at them funny and say, "If you make the first shot count how many more do you need?"  ??? ???
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »
It is still bow season here for another 2 weeks then since I am in a shotgun area I always seem to go with my .50 cal CVA muzzleloader. Most people around here give me a hard time saying "you only get one shot!". I just look at them funny and say, "If you make the first shot count how many more do you need?"  :? :?

You basically one get 1 shot at a deer anyway.  Make it count and you won't need any follow up shots.  O0   Plus, follow up shots usually don't connect anyway.  It's funny, if I'm hunting and I hear someone shoot 2, 3, 4, 5 times, I start to grin, knowing that they missed.  ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »

You basically one get 1 shot at a deer anyway.  Make it count and you won't need any follow up shots.  O0   Plus, follow up shots usually don't connect anyway.  It's funny, if I'm hunting and I hear someone shoot 2, 3, 4, 5 times, I start to grin, knowing that they missed.  ;D
Yep on that! One shot, nailed it. Two shots, probably. Three shots, deer is out of the county by then.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »

After the third, I'm taking cover !!

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:54:44 AM »
After the third, I'm taking cover !!
I think that's why there are very few people I will hunt with. I do the same thing BC, Shake my head and just grin. ;D
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
The only thing I'm using this year is my issued M9 (9mm sidearm).  :roll: It doesn't take much for a roadside crippled deer.  :roll:

FYI, they all taste the same, roadside or in harvested in the woods, unless they get too plowed by the vehicle.  :roll:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:09:51 AM »
I ate many a road killed deer in college.  O0   One spring semester, I told the CO in our county to give me a call if he got any road kills on the weekends.  One weekend, I had 6 deer hanging in the barn that I had to skin and process by myself.  :o :tickedoff   ;D   My roommate and I lived off of deer and fried potatoes that semester.  ;D   

The ones that got hit in the head were the best.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments