October 23, 2017, 02:20:39 AM

Author Topic: Blinds vs. stands  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
Blinds vs. stands
« on: November 11, 2003, 07:29:38 PM »
What do ya'll think of hunting deer from a ground blind?  Any takers?
Since i's kinda afeared of heights, I've been thinkin of usin a blind.
Thanks, guys :D

Jen :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Blinds vs. stands
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 06:04:23 AM »
I do the majority of my hunting from the ground.  I use natural blinds.  Was sitting in one on Saturday, and had 2 deer within spitting distance of me.  They looked at me a couple of times, but never "saw" me.

I still hunt out of stands though.  Kinda depends upon what time of year it is and what weapon I've got.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Blinds vs. stands
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 07:07:35 AM »
Big58cal's use of natural blinds is probably best, but I've had some success with a pop up blind as well.   Sets up in about 2-3 minutes
and folds up almost as fast.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline DenFussell

Blinds vs. stands
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 01:21:15 AM »
I hunt from the ground about fifty percent of the time and I've probably killed about half my deer from the ground.  I almost never use a 'blind' per se, just available cover and a chair of some sort.

I'm no mountain goat either and am nervous about heights, but I also enjoy my climbing stand.  I get a great deal of security from my Warren & Sweat Cottonwood , so I would advise you to try a friend's climbing stand if possible, they are great !

Good Luck!

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
Blinds vs. stands
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 07:20:07 PM »
Thanks guys!  That was what I hoped ya'll would say! :D

Jen :wink:

Facebook Comments