November 21, 2017, 01:21:30 AM

Author Topic: Anybody scoring????  (Read 3108 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Anybody scoring????
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going, Bow!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Bowhuntr115

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
Man, ya'lls bow season is screwed up there.  :idiot2   Here, they know bowhunters don't really have an impact on the population, so we can bowhunt from the first Saturday in September until MLK day in January.  O0
Yeah I know! This year bow season started Oct 15th to Nov 18th Then the regular gun season starts Nov 19th to Dec 12th then a late archery/muzzleloader season for 9 days after that.  Starting next year the bow season will start Oct 1st.  :D This is how messed up NY is.......as of last year we can use crossbows BUT...........only during the gun season!  :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2 fortunately that will also change next year to any season. Can anyone help me understand why i still live here? ???
" Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison. GEN 27:3 "

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
Can anyone help me understand why i still live here? :?

Only thing that I can figure is that you're a Liberal.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 10:29:07 PM »
Georgia was the last state in the country to legalize compound bows. The first year it was legal, it could only be used during the gun season. The following year they legalized it during the regular bow season and no problems.

I thought they would pull the same crap when they wanted to legalize crossbows, but they did with few exceptions get approval from most of the input by hunters.

There was and still is a small but vocal group of bow hunters who want them used only during gun season. I bow hunt with a recurve now, and while this debate was going on, I said they needed to ban the compound bows during the bow season too and only allow them during the gun season. I was only kidding, I didn't want that, but just wanted to hear the reaction.

Oh yea! You guessed it. They said THAT'S DIFFERENT!!! Of course it is. It's something that affects you, and when it affects you the response is always....THAT'S DIFFERENT!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
The reaction of Georgia's idea of modern bow hunting equipment and crossbow hunting is akin to PA's long time view of no hunting on Sundays.

Bo, re-curve hunting is getting back to pretty much bareback ( traditional) hunting.  O0

I have a pal, a firefighter, that lives in WI. He stick bow hunts all over the US and can relate some great hunting adventures. I guide (free, of course) for him in this area.

I support bow hunting and recommend it for everyone, whatever their choice of equipment.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ar_ladyhunter

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Haven't been able to fill another tag. We spent a week and a half in the woods and on the first day of Modern gun we saw a forked horn chasing a doe. I had my crossbow because the area we were hunting was a one buck zone. The doe stopped 20 yards from where my son and I were setting, behind a tree no doubt with no shot. The buck also stopped about that distance, but farther behind the doe. My son had a buck tag to use, but since it was a forked horn, he wasn't a legal buck. So no shots that day. We spent the rest of the week hunting and saw absolutely no deer.
At least I got a buck during muzzle loader. Come December the 3rd, we are heading to south Arkansas for a permit hunt. Hope to fill my second buck tag and at least one of my doe tags before coming back home.
It is okay to be a treehugger, as long as you are climbing up to your tree stand

BBF

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »

We're expecting !!

NO, not a diaper pooper. OMG !!The very thought would make me look for a rope and strong treelimb for a double hanging.

We are expecting our first good dump of snow today. I've been cooling my rump the last several weeksin a ground blind looking for any deer. So far, nothing! Nobody that hunts on my neighbors 100 acres got anyhing. There a some tracks but it looks like all movement is after shooting light. :sad:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
At least with the snow coming, that should make them move.  If not already, I'd be heading to the blind if I were you.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »
The reaction of Georgia's idea of modern bow hunting equipment and crossbow hunting is akin to PA's long time view of no hunting on Sundays.

Bo, re-curve hunting is getting back to pretty much bareback ( traditional) hunting.  O0

I have a pal, a firefighter, that lives in WI. He stick bow hunts all over the US and can relate some great hunting adventures. I guide (free, of course) for him in this area.

I support bow hunting and recommend it for everyone, whatever their choice of equipment.

You're right John it is and I think it's great too. My only problem is all the freaking infighting we have. I know I've said this here a thousand times, but it's not the anti crowd we need to worry about. It's us acting like children trying to force our way of hunting on someone who prefers hunting another way. If it's legal and you have the skill, then hunt  that way.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
If it's legal and you have the skill, then hunt  that way.

Bo's right, to a certain extent.  ;)   "Skill" means different thiings to different people.  O0   The way I look at it, if it's legal, who's to say who can or can't hunt with the weapon?  2 people, both are dead-eyes at 20 yds, but one is an old man and can't hit crap beyond 20 yds.  The other is a hot-shot that can hit stuff out to 50 yds.  Clearly, on is more proficient than the other at more yardages, but if they limit their shots to what they are comfortable with, who's to say what they can or can't hunt with.  O0

Now granted, I'm just giving Bo a hard way to go on this.  ;D   He hunts with one of those junkey little Black Widow Recurve "vertical" bows  :x  and I hunt with an Excalibur Equinox crossbow (with recurve limbs  ;)  ).  He supports "every type" of hunting, which is the way it should be.  O0   It shouldn't matter to Joe Blow what "I" hunt with.  The main thing is that I'm out there hunting!  If any anti-hunting legislation comes up in my state, I'll vote against it.  O0   That's the main thing, and that's what everyone should keep in mind before they start trashing what another man/woman decides to take hunting with them.  ;)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments