October 21, 2017, 12:57:00 AM

Author Topic: Anybody scoring????  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Anybody scoring????
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »
Did you ever consider getting a little .223 or something like that, to use to practice with during the "off" season?  I'm betting that if you get in a little more trigger time during the spring/summer, you'll be better on making the shots.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
yea, I agree it is not enough trigger time. Working 14 hrs a day 6 days a week, you dont get much time anyway. I have not even went fishing since May. That is how bad it is right now for me. I will get more time in though, cause all it takes is to miss a couple and it really sticks in my craw. I was sitting here thinking, in the last 4 years I have missed 2 bucks and 2 Does. I have killed 3 bucks and a Doe, so I am batting about 50%. I am Calling ALbert or Chipper  to see if they have any tips to get the average up! LOL! 

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
i scored with suzy, cindy, mary, louise, tonya and maria. its been a slow week. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »
i scored with suzy, cindy, mary, louise, tonya and maria. its been a slow week. >:D ::) ;)

But what he doesn't say is that he picked them all up in a trany bar.  ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

BBF

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
 :D

I'm to old to score, besides the Missus................. :tickedoff :knuppel2

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »
i scored with suzy, cindy, mary, louise, tonya and maria. its been a slow week. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D REAL SLOW week for ya, bo!
:D

I'm to old to score, besides the Missus................. :tickedoff :knuppel2
  :shock: Same here! I'm not ready to be skinnned and scalped by my squaw!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Huntinggame

• Hunting Products | Archery Bows for Sale | Deer Hunting Clothing
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
I still haven't seen or gotten a deer yet but then of course I was gone this past weekend the first day of rifle season. I was sitting and the races but I have gone hunting the last two days and still nothing but hopefully my luck will change soon I hope.

BBF

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 12:04:17 AM »
I have been spending way more time on the Range then in the deer woods. Today just for my last two shots I stuck a new target up at 100 yards and fired two very different loads. One was a 300 gr Rem with SR 4759 the other a 405 gr. Rem pushed with 2400. Much to my surprise both bullets landed within an 1 of each other both being about 2" low.

I take the rifle home, stick the boresighter in and by watching the hair move I clicked it the appropriate numbers. The I dialed the scope ( Japanese made Tasco of some vintage) through the powersetting  and Son of a ....when I passed the 8x going up the sight wire moved sideways. Anything below 8x stays the same. Now I got to find a place in Canada which fixes that. Good luck to myself. It may cost me more then what the scope is worth.  Yes, I got another scope on the rifle now and back to the Range we go. :sad:

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »
I've got one buck tag left, but to be honest the way craps being going around here, I'd just as soon stay home, order a pizza and watch football. >:( :-\ :sad:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
I've got one buck tag left, but to be honest the way craps being going around here, I'd just as soon stay home, order a pizza and watch football. :x :| :(

Ya' ain't gonna get anything staying on the couch.  ::)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments