October 18, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

Author Topic: New  (Read 1488 times)

Offline turtleness

New
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.  I was running an online research on wild animals when I came across your site. I have never hunted before unless you consider tagging along as a kid with my dad while hunting for wild birds as hunting, then yes I did.

I have developed an interest for turtles lately. Nothing sentimental really, just pure interest in the different types, habitat and the history of their use as meat, tools and objects of curiosity etc. I am learning a lot by reading your input on catching and cleaning turtles. I hope you do not mind me reading more and asking questions when needed.. and who knows may be I am tempted to catch one myself.

I moved to Northern California from Europe recently and so I'm slowly learning the ropes
Greetz

Turtleness

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:45:50 AM »
Welcome to Gutpiles, turtleness! I like turtles, fried, in soup, etc.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »
Good to have you around here.  :)   As far as hunting, don't worry about it.  The site admin, Gutpiles, doesn't hunt either.  ::)

The type of turtle that we catch mainly here in the Eastern US is just the common snapping turtle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snapping_turtle
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline dougdad

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Welcome turtleness,  up my way we have several types of turtles, the Snapper being the largest and the most trapped or sought after, as they are fine table fare if one does not mind the hassle of cleaning them.  We also have the Eastern Box (very plentiful), Woodland Box (rather uncommon), and the Painted (thousands).
 Have fun and enjoy the site, we can be a barrel of laughs at times   ;D
Bullets, Bumpers or Broadheads, Whatever works!!
USAF RETIRED,  Marion MI.

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »
Let me say it is a pleasure to have your Turtleness join the site.  :shock: sorry i couldnt resist. i do hope you've got a good sense of humor, around here its a deffinate must have. 
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Facebook Comments