October 17, 2017, 01:03:55 PM

Author Topic: What have you used?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: What have you used?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
If C.N. gets to use fly swatter, BC has to add nerf gun to the list ( search "boredom at it's finest" )
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
I got to thinking about all of the different guns/weapsons I've used to get deer with.  Still got a few more calibers to add to the list before I kick the bucket though.  ;)

Bows
Golden Eagle Falcon Cam compound
PSE Magna Flite Express compound
PSE Mach Flite 4R compound
Excalibur Equinox crossbow

Muzzleloaders
.54 cal
.58 cal

Shotguns
20 gauge
12 gauge

Rifles
6.5 JAP
8mm Magnum
.30-30
.44 Magnum
.444 Marlin
.45 Colt

So what about the rest of ya'll?  What all have you used for deer/elk/bear/moose/etc.

Ya'll need to learn to read.....  ::)   I said, what have you used for deer at the top and then deer/elk/bear/moose/etc at the bottom.  :idiot2   The "etc." wasn't supposed to include flies.  :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »
OOps, my bad. I keep following this from the latest post, so " I've slept since then ".
 It's hell getting old, by the time I finish, I don't remember how it started.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
OOps, my bad. I keep following this from the latest post, so " I've slept since then ".
 It's hell getting old, by the time I finish, I don't remember how it started.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D No comment! That one is too easy!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:11 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D No comment! That one is too easy!

You ain't got any room to comment there old man.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 07:04:53 AM »
You ain't got any room to comment there old man.  ::)
  :roll: ;D So whut! I can still find my way here!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 04:04:19 PM »
I'm getting old and can't remember all the weapons I've used to take deer. I've never used a crossbow or BP though.

Starting in 1972 when I killed my first deer....

BAR .308 Win.
Marling 336C .30-30
Remington 700 .30-06
BLR model 81 .7mm-08
Ruger #1 .243 Winchester
B-78 .7mm Rem. Mag.

Browning Auto 5, 12 gauge. 00 buckshot, 3"
Browning 2000,  12 gauge. 00 buckshot, 3"
Remington 870, 12 gauge. 00 buckshot, 3"
Mossberg 835, 12 gauge. 00 and 000 buckshot, 3" and 3-1/2"

S&W model 29
Ruger Super Blackhawk
Glock model 20

Bear Whitetail Hunter
Browning Bridger
PSE Excaliber
Martin Panther
Bear Kodiak Magnum
Black Widow

I think that's right. Don't quote me though.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:17 AM »
I made some pretty good deer one shot kills with an issued S&W Model 65 .38SP while on duty. The kills were crippleed deer hobbling around at a distance of 30+  yards at night while I was using a flashlight. The ammo was military issued ball ammo. It was not a choice but was all we were issued and allowed to carry.

One shot was a big buck I brought down at a distance of about 70 or so yards, with the hunter alongside of me. He was bowhunting on the installation and hit the big buck with his pickup truck when season ended that night.

I was dispatched to the area with him to shoot the deer that had a broken leg and was moving off to seek shelter.

As he watched, I hefted the Maglite over my pistol and squeezed the trigger. The deer, much to my surprise, dropped stone dead in his tracks!  :roll: The hunter was astounded said it was the greatest shot he had ever seen and did not realize how plain lucky I felt.  ;D

I calmly holstered my pistol and we proceeded to the deer. I didn't let on that I was more astounded than he was and acted like the shot was a ho-hum everyday event.  :roll: ;D The hunter raved about the shot at HQ and to the guys at the exit gate when he left.  ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments