December 18, 2017, 12:01:59 AM

Author Topic: Participation :)  (Read 890 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Participation :)
« on: November 19, 2003, 02:30:32 PM »
Alright, I know we have quite a few people out there lurking in the shadows, afraid to post.  Now's your time to join in.  There are alot of things that we all love about being outdoors and hunting.  But, I'm sure there are alot things that you really hate about it too.  What really bugs you when you're hunting???  

One of the things that bug me most are those aggravating little creatures from hell that my wife likes to call "cute little squirrels".   My eyesight is surely worse from straining to see the "monster" that must be creeping up on me at that shadowy point just before daylight.   (Death to all of the little conspiring rodents!!   :twisted:  ) hehehe
Equally as irritating as squirrels, are the walkers.  I don't mean stalkers, I mean the walkers.  You know, the guys/gals who just can't seem to sit still more than about 30 minutes and then they're up "scouting".  It never fails, they always seem to find the spot that I'm watching.  Strangely enough, I never seem to see any deer after that.....hmmmmm..... coincidence, I think not!  

What about the rest of you....... everyone has a pet peeve ... what's yours?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 09:33:02 PM »
Mine are those "200 lb." squirrels that you hear during deer season.  It's amazing how something so small can make so much noise, but yet a 200 lb. deer can slip up on you without making any noise. :?

That's OK though..... :twisted:  :twisted:   I got my .17 cal a couple of weeks ago.  I've got a 3.8x12 X 44 scope on it.  From 50 to 100 yds, it drops less than 1/4". :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 10:58:27 AM »
hey i'm with you guys on that deal. squirrels have got to be the most anoying animal when hunting. next to them i'm pretty sure, would be the birds that start chirping loud and long enough that you couldn't hear a tree fall if you were listening for it. you all know what i'm talking about. how about your tree stand creaking when you move a little. with mine in depends on what kind of tree i set up in.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 10:06:58 PM »
Bigcal58 and I are doing our best to eliminate those pesky little rascals. As for the pests that Gutpile talked about, they don't have a season on those yet, and they would be a mess to field dress.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments