October 24, 2017, 07:30:55 AM

Author Topic: Rabbit hunt 12-3-2011  (Read 1460 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Rabbit hunt 12-3-2011
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
Great day of chasing bunnies again toady with Ellwood. Had 10 dogs down and 4 shooters in a spot that I was hoping would produce big. We might not have killed many, only 3, but it was thicker than I thought so seeing a rabbit was tough.  Dogs ran about 10 or so with some very long over the mountain and back runs. After yesterday and today my 4 girls are slap wore out. I even think Ellwood is wore out after going up and down the mountain alot trying to cut the rabbit off. Ole killer only had a chance at one shot today but for some reason his gun went click....... :roll: you will have to ask him about that one. Also had my 6 year old son with me today and he was ready. He stomped brush and beat down briars with his walking stick and killed a bunch of rabbits with his stick gun. We had an awesome father and son day with friends. Cole and I sat on a log for a long time and just listened to the dogs run. It was great to see him paying as much attention to the dogs as I was. He even called out a name or two when he heard a specific bark. Little man is starting to recognize our dogs separate from others!! I snapped a few pics today but I did forget the tailgate shot.  There may have only been 3 rabbits killed today but some very special memories were made for sure.

Cole

Just had to carry daddy's gun back to the truck.

Be back after the rabbits Monday solo........anyone want to tag along?

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Rabbit hunt 12-3-2011
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
Sounds like ya'll had a pretty good time Ned.  ;)   It's good the boy is taking an interest in everything and it sounds like he's picking it up pretty good.  ;)   6 years old, huh?  He's about ready for a .22 and a 20 gauge isn't he?  ;)   The little CZ 452 Youth Scout I got Mason would be a good one for Cole.  It'll accept a magazine, so he'll be able to use it for quite a few years.  Got the boy a little Mossberg 500 Bantam 20 gauge back in September.  The plug is longer on it than normal, so at first it's a single shot.  The plug can be cut off though to make it a "normal" gun though.  It isn't too heavy and has fiber optic sights on it.

I'm happy with both of the guns and Mason can shoot them pretty well.  You may want to start sticking a little back every here and there so you can get the boy a gun for next year and then just follow along behind him.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:42 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 Nice going, Ned!

O0 O0 O0 Same to you, BC!

Those kids are having their groundwork layed for them.  :) O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
Way to go Ned! O0 O0 O0 Days like that are the best in the world, ain't they?! O0 O0 O0

Ok, BC! Take a look at that peak on the far right of BS's photo. You have to carry me to the top of it the first day we're there. Take a look at the second peak on the far left of the photo. You have to carry me up there, the second day we're hunting. :D :D :D :D :D

It'll be up to GP to carry John AND Nutz up the peaks as well! :D :D :D :D

Leave the dogs at home Ned, we'll just use BC and GP! :D ;D :shock: :-P :twisted: :roll:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
Yeah, I don't see that happening.  ::)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
Way to go Ned! O0 O0 O0 Days like that are the best in the world, ain't they?! O0 O0 O0

Ok, BC! Take a look at that peak on the far right of BS's photo. You have to carry me to the top of it the first day we're there. Take a look at the second peak on the far left of the photo. You have to carry me up there, the second day we're hunting. :D :D :D :D :D

It'll be up to GP to carry John AND Nutz up the peaks as well! :D :D :D :D

Leave the dogs at home Ned, we'll just use BC and GP! :D ;D :shock: :-P :twisted: :roll:
  O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments