November 23, 2017, 07:20:03 PM

Author Topic: I Need Help!!!  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
I Need Help!!!
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
Anyone know where I can sign up for some Firearms Anonymous meetings?  :'(   :?   I need help!  I admit it, I have a problem........  :|

I had a bunch of errands to run Friday, so I took the afternoon off work.  One of the places I had to stop was the Post Office.  As I was leaving there, I figured I'd stop by the pawn shop where I've been getting my guns lately just to see if he had anything in there since I was that close.  I should'a known better.  ::)   I guess because of Christmas coming up, he didn't hardly have any long guns (maybe 5-6) and 3-4 pistols.  One of the pistols caught my eye though, so I asked if he'd get it out of the case for me.

After fondling the gun for a little while, pondering things, and kicking myself for stopping in there, I put some money down on it for him to hold it for me.  :idiot2   As I said, I need help!  :'(

Just couldn't pass it up.  It's a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull.  I've been wanting a .454 Casull and this one seemed like it pretty much fit the bill for what I wanted.  It's used, but hasn't been shot much at all.  There's barely a mark around the cylinder where it's been rolled.  The scope rings that come with it were still in the package, unopened.  Plus, I can shoot the .45 Colt out of it.  O0

Here's a picture of one just like it off of Gunbroker.

With the 7 1/2" barrel and scope mounts, I should be able to reach out and touch something with it.  >:D   I had planned on taking the little .32-20 Low Wall next year during gun season, but it looks like that's been nixed.  ::) ;D

Curse that man for having lay-away!  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: I Need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
First things first. We KNOW you need help. We've known that for sometime. :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

I was afraid you were going to tell us you'd gone back to shaving your armpits and calling yourself Layla again. I'm not getting you out of jail no more. ;D :roll: :wink: :twisted:

.454? What a panzie. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Since it's a Ruger we'll cut you some slack. But a REAL MAN would have gotten a Ruger Single-Six. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When and ONLY when you can shoot the Buffalo Bore HOT LOADS out of it and hit your target, will you be able to shoot with me. :D ;D :shock: :-P :twisted:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
Not sure what I can do to help ya, BC. Now if'n you need help hiding it from the little woman, well you got my addy. Then in a few months time, I can send it back. You just tell her a friend wanted you to mount the rings for him, but you lost his return addy. Besides shipping, there will be a small charge of 20 live rounds, of which I will return the brass.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »
Since it's a Ruger we'll cut you some slack. But a REAL MAN would have gotten a Ruger Single-Six. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

When and ONLY when you can shoot the Buffalo Bore HOT LOADS out of it and hit your target, will you be able to shoot with me. :D ;D :o :P >:D

Yeah? What'chu got puddin'?  ::) Yeah, those .22 LR "Hot Loads" you shoot are a real hand-full.  ::) :idiot2

A Single Six with the interchangable cylinders is on the list.  O0 If he had had one of those, I wouldn't feel nearly as guilty about getting it.  :| With that thing being a .454 Casull though, it should be able to handle those .45 Colt +P loads I just got for the Marlin carbine and used this year during gun season.  >:D

Not sure what I can do to help ya, BC. Now if'n you need help hiding it from the little woman, well you got my addy. Then in a few months time, I can send it back. You just tell her a friend wanted you to mount the rings for him, but you lost his return addy. Besides shipping, there will be a small charge of 20 live rounds, of which I will return the brass.

I appreciate the offer Mo ....  ::) .... But getting it in the house isn't going to be the issue. The wife goes to bed around 8:00 PM since she leaves for work around 5:00 AM. I'm usually up until 10:30 - 11:00 PM every night. I can bring it into the house after she goes to bed.  ;) Since she hardly ever looks inside the safe, she doesn't really keep up (or care) with what's in there.  :)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
Went and picked the beast up today.  ;)   I didn't have time to mess with it earlier, but I'll get to fondle it tonight for a little while.  >:D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice hand cannon, BC! You are now ready for anything, moose, bear, rhino, intruders, etc.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
We'll get you on the cover of Big Bore Handgun Monthly! Maybe even let you be the key note speaker at the next convention! :twisted: :roll: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »
nice aquisition.. if i can ask what did it set ya back?
i woulda said nice piece, but figured he woulda got flashbacks of layla...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »
That is a very serious affliction, collecting guns, BC! There is only one cure, buy another one!  O0 :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »
nice aquisition.. if i can ask what did it set ya back?

Total of $650 tax & everything.  It was "preowned", but I can't really say "used".  ::)   The only reason it wouldn't be graded at 100% condition is because it had been fired a few times.  I'd say a very good 98% condition.  ;)   Still had the scope rings in the package, the original plastic bag it came in, manual, case, and little case lock.  Gave it a good once-over the other night and wiped it down good.  Gonna try to get some ammo for it this weekend and throw some down range to see what she's got.  >:D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments